Motivate me on 8 pt. RR

:manyheart Hi everyone! I am working on an 8 pt. RR for my niece's birthday tomorrow. I am halfway through the edging and depressed. I go through depression alot because of bipolar but this one has me to where I do not feel like crocheting at all. :angry

So if some of you could post pics of your RR in this thread to motivate me or just say something to make me laugh. It would be greatly appreciated.

:hug

Candi,

I LOVE to crochet, but there are times when I just want to sit and do nothing. When I'm almost finished with a project, that feeling comes over me. Then I think of how fulfilling seeing the finished project makes me feel, especially if it's a gift for someone else.

Here are a few of my RRs:

th_2008-05-12-003_.jpg th_2008-05-10-015_.jpg th_Blue_and_White_9_Pointed_Round_Ripp.jpg th_2008-02-23-005_.jpg

Hope this helps inspire you to finish your current project...

Those are some gorgeous RR's ladies!:cheer

The pics of the kitty did make me smile.

Thank you both so much.

Part of my problem is that I wait until the end to weave ends in. I really hate that part. :)

Here is my rr, it is my 1st one.

roundripple001ot0.th.jpg

I don't wait to weave in my ends. Whenever possible, I stitch over them. And if you change to another color, say to green, and you wind it up through the DC you're doing, you can lay it along the top and then stitch over it again.

Your RR is very pretty. My DH is in Afghanistan and he has the camera with him so if I could I would show you the RR that I have made in the past month. I just want you to know that we are all here for you if you need a shoulder to lean on. I know that crocheting takes care of the stress that I feel from work and other things that go on in my life. Keep on crocheting and know that you have so many friends here that will support you. :hug:hug:hug:hug

Those are some gorgeous RR's ladies!:cheer

The pics of the kitty did make me smile.

Thank you both so much.

Part of my problem is that I wait until the end to weave ends in. I really hate that part. :)

Here is my rr, it is my 1st one.

roundripple001ot0.th.jpg

Your RR looks great. The ends can get overwhelming, especially if there are a lot of color changes. Just dive in a do it. Here are some of my RRs (9 and 12 point) if you still need motivation.

th_DSCF0340.jpg

th_DSCF0343.jpg

th_DSCF0368.jpg

th_DSCF0725.jpg

Joyce

Thanks for showing me pics of all those beautiful RR's!

I finished it with time to spare. The way I was feeling earlier, I did not think that I would. It was thanks to everyone's encouragement.:cheer:clap

:hug

This thread is an inspiration for me too! I'm in the middle of my first round ripple for my sister. I started it on Thursday and its 48" around so far, but each row is starting to take forever! Thanks for posting all those awesome pics.

Glad you finished yours with time to spare Candi!

Archived