what color/s would go w/...

I recently received a bag of scrap yarn. In it was some beautiful kelly green skeins. They had been partially used, small amnts. so not 100% sure how much is in each and want to figuire out colors to go w/ the green to stretch it out for an afghan. I know white is a fairly good choice, but what else would go w/ it fairly well??

TIA

Sandy

You could use white and red with it and make a Christmas ghan.

Or you could use a pretty shade of yellow.

I didn't want it as a theme ghan, but the yellow might would work. I'll look in my stash to see what I have in yellow to go w/ it.. thank you so much :)

Sandy (the color impaired one)

I like yellow myself.

Also consider yellow and and a lighter shade of green. If you find a lighter shade of green that's good with it, you might want to mute the yellow to a corn yellow or baby yellow shade.

I had a not quite kelly green pile of yarn given me from my Project Linus chapter to use that also included a tan skein and a variegated red/green/brown yarn. I made a striped blanket that turned out quite nice, autumn-like and manly, so I second the brown/tan/whatever shade works best in the brown family suggestion.

Patty

The primary colors such as blue, red, yellow, purple, orange and make a rainbow/ crayon ghan.

You could use a variegated yarn that has that shade or some green close to it.

You could use red and white and make a christmas ghan.

Yellow and black and make a john deere ghan.

Primary blue with white.

Black and green

White and green

Tan and green

So many wonderful suggestions. Thank you all for giving me color ideas. As for the pattern, I was thinking of doing the hexagon pattern that was used over in the show n tell section, afghans by a woman to give to her co-worker.

I chose that pattern because i sorta like the looks of the star-ghans, or round ghans, but I also like straight sides over the points (I'm warped, i know, lol).

There's a color that I like in redheart called "medium purple", how do you think that would look w/ the green and white?:think:think

Sandy

So many wonderful suggestions. Thank you all for giving me color ideas. As for the pattern, I was thinking of doing the hexagon pattern that was used over in the show n tell section, afghans by a woman to give to her co-worker.

I chose that pattern because i sorta like the looks of the star-ghans, or round ghans, but I also like straight sides over the points (I'm warped, i know, lol).

There's a color that I like in redheart called "medium purple", how do you think that would look w/ the green and white?:think:think

Sandy

I think that would look good, as purple is my fav color and I like it with green!! I think you have a good choice there. :yes:yes:yes

Archived