Hello! Im new here.

Villanelle

Hello, I'm new here.:devil Hit me if I do anything wrong! I havent been crocheting for very long. I learnt about two years ago but I diddent become realy interested till a couple of months ago.

About me, :think well I'm 14, english, mad and I do crotchet, I'm working on a scarf right now, I can knit but I'm not as good at it as I am at crotchet. I have two guinea pigs called Grimn and Evil. Thats pretty much it.

Can anyone point me at a pattern for socks? I seem to wear them out pretty fast and I'm hoping I can make them.:hook

Regards,

Villanelle.

that's so awesome!!! you rock, girl!!! lolol. how on earth did you lern to knit and crochet? who taught you? that is so cool. wait til you see all the cool stuff you can do with a little bit of yarn, lolol. welcome to crochetville, you'll love it here.

:welcome

:ghug

:waving

WOW Quick reply!

I was tought to knit by my grandma when I was eight, but I diddent realy start till I was 11. I was tought to crochet by a lady I know in wales, but she dident teach me very well but, a couple of months ago I got a book out the library and the rest is history!:clap

you know that's funny because my mom taught me to crochet. but i really didn't learn until i got married and my hubby got me a book. i love it . and the best part about this place is that evrybody is so supportive. they will help you in anything you need. good luck and welcome to our group!!!

Coolies! My mum is pretty much ussles at any craft I do and I got fed up of having no support from friends ,Quote: Crotcheting, Thats an old grannys craft though!, so I whent looking for a forum and voila! I'm here, and chating already.

Thanks for the luck!

Hello and Welcome from the American living across the Channel in Brussels! (okay, I'm not the only American but I am the only American who has the audacity to crochet in public here in Brussels - you would think that I am a circus freak considering some of the looks and stares I get!!) Have a spectacular week! :hug

heyhey

its always great to see younger people taking it up!

here is some socks:http://www.crochetme.com/issue_1/socks_in_shoes.html

Thank you all for such a warm welcome!

Pixi - thanks for the link! Ive got to get a smaller hook. I only have two, a big tapestry hook and a tiny one for thread.

That's how the whole thing starts. Villanelle, you decide you need a different sized hook, then you need the yarn to use with that hook, then you see forty patterns you have to make and you need more hooks, more yarn.... Then it's out of control and you're stuffing yarn in cupboards and under the bed and everywhere you can think of. :lol Welcome aboard! Can't wait to see your stuff.

Patty

ack I know. I have more wool than I need and theres some lovely lilac stuff thats calling my name in town.

Archived