FINISHED--- PICTURES ADDED ---ALL SQUARES NEEDED RECEIVED! --help w/ comfortghan

eyrthmother1

Hi everyone,

I recently found out that a friend of mines 22 yr old neice has been diagnosed w/ ovarian cancer. They are starting w/ radiation treatments, and if that doesn't work, they will do a hysterectomy followed by chemo. I was wanting to do an afghan (20 squares) for her using the 12 " awareness square < http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showpost.php?p=1380467&postcount=1 > in the colors for ovarian cancer (they are white and teal).

I tend to be a bit of a slow crocheter, so was wanting to ask for help w/ this. If you would be interested in helping, please pm me for my address :)

TIA

Sandy

square COUNT to DATE:

teal squares 13

white squares 12

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I haven't tried this sqauare yet but it looks beautiful. If I have time I'll try one out for you!

Hey Jessica: It works up great (and you know me and new squares. LOL). Hint on Row 4: If you get stuck, when you turn the first side and do the second side, the directions make more sense. :) I just did that and then took out to beginning of row 4 and started that one over. For some reason, the directions didn't make sense until I did a full side on that row and then it "clicked".

Hey Jessica: It works up great (and you know me and new squares. LOL). Hint on Row 4: If you get stuck, when you turn the first side and do the second side, the directions make more sense. :) I just did that and then took out to beginning of row 4 and started that one over. For some reason, the directions didn't make sense until I did a full side on that row and then it "clicked".

Maybe the problem was due to that being the 1st row where you where you sk stitches, then work behind the stitch and then back in front across the stitch.....maybe?? That was what took me a second to figuire out w/ it, and I'd be crocheting and not realize was wanting a fpDC or a fpTR, and then I didnt realize was two row 7's depending on the size square you are making.

Once you get it figuired out, it really is easy, though. Just the 1st time may take strong focus. (or it may just be my mind tends to be a bit scattered many-a-time.)

Cindy, Thank you so much for helping. I have pm'ed you my address :)

Sandy

Thought I'd give this thread a "bump" by mentioning that I have gotten 4 squares done for this, and have added an update to the 1st post as squares come in to keep count of them.

Sandy

I got 4 done over the weekend. 2 teal and 2 ivory. I'll send them out to you tomorrow! Hope they bring comfort to your friend's niece. This is a hard road she is on.

Thank you so much Cindy. Yes, it's a hard row for anyone, then add in her being so young and w/ 2 children under the age of 3. I can only imagine her inner turmoil and fears.

Sandy

I got 4 done over the weekend. 2 teal and 2 ivory. I'll send them out to you tomorrow! Hope they bring comfort to your friend's niece. This is a hard road she is on.

Cindy, I wanted to let you know I got your squares today, and they are gorgeous. Thank you so much for your help w/ this :).

Sandy

Sandy,

I'm PMing you right now for the address. I know I can get at least one done over the 3-day weekend.

Oh thank you so much for this offer. I do greatly appreciate it. :)

Sandy

How are you doing on squares? Do you need more? This is such an important ghan!

Let me know if you need more done. I can do probably a few more this week before my schedule tightens again.

I have 13 squares so far, 5 white, 8 teals. If you would like to do more, I'd be so greatful for the help. Thank you so much :)

Sandy

Sandy, I wanted to help you with this so much, but I have started this square and frogged so many times I've lost count! :eek I just don't know what I'm doing wrong. If I ever get it right I'll PM you for your addy I promise, :(

Oh Annie,

It's the thought that counts most. thank you for trying to help me. I really do appreciate the effort.

May I ask what problem you are having w/ it. Perhaps 1 of us on here could give some advice to help you w/ it in case you ever want to use it help someone else w/? (I know several mentioned that row 4 was a bit difficult for them to get).

:hug:hug:hug for your effort,

Sandy

Thank you so much for your help :hug. and i fully understand, most things look better in real than pict. :)

Sandy

Here is my contribution. It will be in the mail tomorrow :) By the way, it looks soooo much better in person!!

DSCF1507.jpg

Oh Annie,

It's the thought that counts most. thank you for trying to help me. I really do appreciate the effort.

May I ask what problem you are having w/ it. Perhaps 1 of us on here could give some advice to help you w/ it in case you ever want to use it help someone else w/? (I know several mentioned that row 4 was a bit difficult for them to get).

:hug:hug:hug for your effort,

Sandy

Thank you, Sandy. I really wish I knew what I was doing wrong, lol! It is probably on row 4. I end up with what looks like a letter "P" instead of a ribbon :eek and the square is all off center too. It looks good up til row 4 :lol! Maybe I should just stick to plain old grannies! :no

Archived