August Charity Square-A-Long (August 15th-18th)

LavenderBear

Hello! The August Charity Square-A-Long round is coming SOON! It will be this coming weekend, which is August 15th - 18th. :yay

This will be the LAST round that I will be leading due to my attending college full-time between two colleges and taking care of our new grandson, who was born last week! It's been two years that I have been the leader, and I would LOVE to see it continue on, if one of you would like to PM me and let me know you'd like to do so! :yes

The rules are the same - - - make charity squares in the sizes, patterns, and colors you choose and give them to the charity of your choice! Some of us also make "granny daughters" (first round of granny squares), "saltines" (first two rounds of granny squares), or preemie afghans (varying in sizes). It's up to YOU to decide! :hook

If you would like to join us, please let us know below! Also, please post your round total by Tuesday night after the round has ended! :manyheart

"See" you soon! :cheer:clap:cheer

I'm not going to be able to participate this month. Between the "games" (team FA Awareness) and my other charity stuff, I'm way overbooked for August. Sorry. :(

Congrats on the Grandbaby, Suzanne!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap:clap:manyheart

I'm not going to be able to participate this month due to the "games", too. :angry I was hoping to be far enough ahead with my project to take the weekend off, but it's not going to happen. I wish everyone goo luck and will see you next month! :cheer

Patty

Good morning! :hug Looks like we're going to have a small group for this round, but that's okay! :yes I've had two of you contact me about leading and will be contacting you both today to see if you can work together to co-lead. Maybe share the responsibility every other month?

Anyway, I am going to pop in the shower, eat some breakfast, grab a cup of tea, and pull out my yarn, hook, scissors, and needle (to hide the ends as I go), and then I'll be getting started! I will "see" you soon! :yay

Let's go team!!! And the same for those of you participating in the "Games"!!! :cheer:clap:cheer

Sorry this is your last round :( Congrats on the Grandbaby :clap

I'll have to opt out this weekend. We'll be out of town till Sunday and was going to assemble the squares I made last month this month but can't carry it all with me. :sigh

I'll make some squares so count me in (for a purse promised for FA auction) when done with those I'll make some for future ghans

Need a break from assembling ghans for the games :devil The count will not be high as we are doing a small vacation this weekend. I sneak some yarn and hooks with me :devil:devil

Thank you for hosting these in the past :hug I always look forward to them :hook

Congrats on the grandbaby :angeland have fun going back to school :tup- I have been thinking about going back for a few classes myself

THANKS for the CONGRATS for our new little grandson! He is SUPER special and was born with a FULL head of hair! :yes

I will MISS leading you guys, but I'll pop in every so often when things are not super hectic! THANKS for the kudos of my leading these past two years! :hug

I got 12 squares done today, which is going to be my daily challenge in order to reach my 48 charity square goal! :crocheting

Let us all know how YOU are doing! Go, team, go!!! :cheer:yay:cheer

Good morning or afternoon, everyone! :manyheart

My goal for today is to make 12 squares! I haven't gotten started, but I will in just a little bit after I get going on some homekeeping projects, including laundry! :yes

Let us know how you're coming along! :cheer

Suzanne, I'm not participating this weekend, but just sent you two lapghans with Laurie today for your hospice. Hope you like them.

Next month, I'll be back! Glad someone else is able to lead.

Deb

Thanks, Deb! :) I'll give them to the Hospice office when I go to meet my new Volunteer Coordinator.

I'm waiting to hear back from one of the two ladies who may co-lead the future rounds. I'll be able to announce who they are, and how they're going to handle the group, then. :yes

Well, I did some serious crocheting today - - - taking a break from knitting - - - and got 31 more squares done! I only have 5 more squares to meet my 48 square goal!! :yay

How are the rest of you guys doing?! I believe this has been the quietest round I have ever led - - - SO strange!! :yes

I just finished the last 5 squares to meet my 48 square goal! :yay

I don't plan to make any more squares, but I am curious to find out the totals of the few who are participating this round. :yes

Sorry I was not around this weekend. I had unexpected out of town family to come in and did not get to work on my squares like I would have liked to. I only got 4 done. I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!

THANKS, everyone! :hug Hopefully you'll hear from your one (or two) new leader(s) in the near future! I'm still waiting to hear back from one, but the other one is ready to lead every other month!!!

I have been lying very low as vertigo hit me first thing Monday morning! :yes I am sitting up straight today, which is GREAT, but I'm very far behind in my posting here, at Ravelry, and with my personal e-mail, etc. THANKS for your patience!!! :manyheart

Here are our totals for this round . . .

jessicagil - 4

crocrazy - 4

KellyA - 5

LavenderBear - 48

With a GRAND TOTAL of 61 CHARITY SQUARES!!!

Hugs, prayers, and best wishes to all of you!!! And keep on making those charity squares, blessing others with your gifts and talents!!!:cheer:yay:cheer

Hello, Super Granny and dorothysgirls have agreed to Co-Lead the monthly Charity Square-A-Long, each leading every other month! :yay

THANKS to both of you, and let us know when September's will be and who will lead that one to begin with! :hug

Archived