Not Sure What to crochet my dad.....

I am new to crocheting and I am wanting to crochet something for my dad and step dad for christmas. I am not sure what to crochet for them. My dad loves fishing and my step-dad loves the Georgia Bulldogs.

I am new to crocheting. i have completed one project a scarf. I am working on two afghans and halfway through another scarf. just to give you an idea of the skill level i am on for now.

It is so easy to figure out what i Want to crochet my mom and step mom. But I have no idea what to do for my dad and step-dad.

I am open for any suggestions.

Thanks in advance!!!

I posted almost the same question a while back :lol Luckly my dad does like blankets, so that is what I am going to make him. He really won't use it, living in So Cali, and very hot blooded, but I know he will love it and keep it out.

My Dad hunts. Last project I made him was a scarf that had no ends. lol

He loves it cause he can get on his four wheeler and head to his deer stand and not have to worry about his scarf coming undone while he drives and he stays warmer.

He keeps the one afghan I made him in a truck by the sofa to take out when he takes a nap in the afternoons. Or says he does never seen it out. /sigh

Make your Dad a afghan. When my father passed away last year and we went to his house to clean it out, we found all the afghans that I had made over the years all on his favorite chair. He was always in that chair watching TV and used them quite a lot from what we could see. I never did fancy afghans just some basic stitch ones, and they were all well worn and had been washed a lot. I consider myself a beginner still and being on this board has inspired me to try harder projects because there is always someone here willing to help you out. So find that perfect pattern and make him something special. :)

its very hard to crochet for a man - some don't like it - but i just did a graph ghan for my dad - of a corvette and he loved it. so much so that he said he was going to have it framed! it was my first graph ghan oh no second and it was not that bad - and there are always people willing to help.

I thought about afghans but my only draw back is my dad and step dad are hot natured. My step dad wears shorts in December and walks around bare foot. My dad hardly ever wears long sleeves. So I am not sure about doing an afghan.

I have been thinking about remote control holders that hang off of the chair or sofa arm. I know there are patterns at crochet pattern central for them. Last year I made slippers for my Dad and his Wife, & Mom and my Stepdad and put them in a pretty basket with teas, cocoa, mugs, books, bookmarks, movie rental cards, ect.

Archived