Rainbow Bucle

sprtsbear

I'm making a ripple shawl with mine, and I'm using a Boye N hook because I found it hard to see the stitches and where to work them with a K. I was also going to use the double base chain, but because I couldn't see the stitches, I *tried* frogging and ended up cutting off over half of my base chain.

Also, I couldn't find the working end of the darn skein and I'm working off the wrapped end!

I'm using this now and using an "L" hook and once I got past the chain row, it is fine. I also find the dark part is harder to see (doh!). I did have to frog several rows and I just held it taut as I frogged and I was fine.

And yes, I couldn't find the end either. As a matter of fact, about two feet of yarn was just loose in the middle. I am working from the outside in (which stinks) and once I took the label off it went from the size of a football to a basketball!

...I couldn't find the end either. As a matter of fact, about two feet of yarn was just loose in the middle. I am working from the outside in (which stinks) and once I took the label off it went from the size of a football to a basketball!

:rofl :rofl :rofl That's what happened to mine! I tried to pull the middle out, but it was stuck so hard, I have a basketball with its stuffing hanging out (and the stupid thing rolls everywhere when I crochet with it!). It's really a site. In fact, three of my kids think the huge ball of yarn is very funny, and the fourth thinks it's a great thing to chew on (she's 6 mos and teething). :eek

I had some difficulty working with this yarn too ... what helped was having some backlight. When lost, I would hold the work up to a mild light source ... my computer monitor was perfect ... and slightly stretch the area on the row below to pull the threads apart to see where to insert the hook. Eventually, I was able to tell mostly by feel. Of course, with this yarn, if you are off a tad it won't really show.

i concur--the first row after the chain is a b***h. After that, it was fine. Frogging it isn't easy either, but it can be done (I frogged almost a whole skein of it...)

Don't get me started on that dratted boucle!!!!:yuck

I finally did finish a bikini wrap for my daughter.:woo

I tried to make a beach cover up for myself, and after frogging 4or 5 times, I just cut the stuff up!!!!:angry

I don't really need a beach cover up anyway. Right? Right???

:dog

I made a shawl with it. DC with a k hook.. I also couldn't find the end. And wound up working from outside in. Had some trouble seeing the stitches so crocheted by feel. Yes frogging was a bear.. But after seeing it worked up I can't wait to get more..

I finally got some of this yarn and have to admit that crocheting with it can be a bear, I decided to knit a shawl with it and that worked out great:cheer . Once it was done just loved the way it looked so I will keep using it but plan on getting some different colors.

Mary

NEW COLORS!!!!!

Imagine my surprise when I got to work yesterday and saw a ton of new yummy boucle colors...

Four of them read as "solid" but have two colors/shades going on throughout:

- Rust

- Blue

- Brown

- Mulberry

Three others are variegated like the existing colors they already had:

- Red

- Mulberry

- Green (my favorite!)

The green is a mix of olive and lime... it has to be seen. LOL!

Ok I have got to get out to our Joannes lol.. I am keeping fingers crossed that they have the boucle. I had bought the one I used in NY.. Our Joannes has a very sparse yarn department..

Archived