just a little poem by little ol' me...

I posted this under the finished cathedral window afghan by chriskad (i think that was who) but thought some others might like it.

I made it up on the spot and if i say so myself it is kind of cute and fits me to a T!!!:hook

Crocheter's Poem

One of These Days

an Original Poem by Proudmama762003

aka Robin

Oh, Afghans I have done,

by the ton, by the ton,

Sadly, for me,

I haven't kept a one!!

"One of these days",

Is what I always say,

but that never happens,

as I give it away!

But the gladness it brings,

makes my heart sing,

For the loved one,

I give it to when it is done!

If I should ever complete,

the CWA, oh what a feat,

ends woven and all,

I shall hang it on my wall!

Oh, "One of these days"

hope you all enjoy it!!:hug

Oh, I like that!!!!! I am making an afghan right now for me. Bad timing with the heat but I can't wait till I finish it. This will be my second full size afghan. It's a round ripple and is about five and a half feet across. I really like your poem.

thanks ladies for all the nice comments - I just love afghans and so want one for myself but everything else i need to make just pushes it further and further away - but 'one of these days' LOL!!

thanks again!!

Hello Robyn - cute poem and I can empathise with the compulsive-giving-away problem! :lol If someone says, "Oh that's nice!", my answer is usually, "Do you like it? Do you want it? Here, take it!" It must be a crocheter thing. Your best hope of getting a nice afghan that you WON'T give away is probably to do a friendship ghan :)

Very nice poem. Very true with us crocheters. We give a lot of projects away. But that's wonderful too.

I was just thinking about what to do with my three afghans from the fair. I will give the big one to my son, and the little ones I will probably give to a hospital.

:manyheart

Lovely poem :manyheart

I crocheted for 10+ years and I was always selling/giving them away. I eventually got to keep one for myself :clap. I have some squares I inherited from my grandmother. When I get around to putting them together, it's all mine.

Ellie 13

too funny!!

thanks so much for all the compliments!!

my mom printed it out to go in front of my finished projects photo album (however, I always forget to take pictures until after i have already given the things away! -- maybe that should be my next poem - LOL!)

thanks again and i'm glad i could put a smile on your faces!!

:cheer:clap That is really cute!!! I like it!!! I have never kept anything for myself, everything always finds a home somewhere besides here :lol. I am currently working on a kitchen set that includes placemats, coasters, scrubbies, potholders/hot pads, dishcloths and I say it is mine but if you were a fly on the wall you would probably laugh cuz it will probably end up some where else :lol:lol.

Great poem Robin, and from the looks of the posts, it speaks the truth about a lot of us.:hug:manyheart

Too Cute! I have not made it, but many women who have ......say that the CWA is surprisingly easy to make.....just a lot of piecing together.......someday:sigh!

Archived