Cancer Comfortghan

CandEsMom

Hello Crochetville Friends. Recently one of the moms (her name is Lael) of a soccer player my husband coaches was diagnosed with a rare ovarian cancer. She's already had surgery, but now faces a long-term process of chemo. I guess the treatment they need to use is so strong that they have to spread the sessions out more than for other cancer treatments.

I would love to make her a comfortghan to have for her chemo treatments. I've been participating in the Prayer Afghan CAL and TEAL is the color that represents ovarian cancer.

So, I would like to ask if anyone would be willing to make a solid teal granny square for Lael's comfortghan? I think it would be neat to combine different sizes, so anything from a saltine to a 12 in square would be great. I'll make the squares necessary to fit them all together.

I'm always so impressed at the generosity of everyone for projects like this. Thank you in advance for your help!

PM or email me with questions or for mailing info.

:manyheart

The generosity of the board is amazing! I would like to volunteer to make a square or two. I'm currently working on a comfortghan for my 7 yr old niece and the members here have helped me tremendously. I would like to pay back my gratitude and help others anyway I can. Please, pm me your address and I will try to get a couple done in the next few days. I will be praying for your friend as well because every little prayer helps.:hug

:ty KellyA and Redheart (a.k.a. Kelly and Terri). Your squares arrived today and they are great! What a wonderful way to start this project.

Blessings to you,

Sharon

:hug

would love to help. please send your abby. i can make at least 2 for you. ladies here on the ville is helping me with mine also.:hug:hug:hug

:ty:ty

Three more beautiful squares arrived today! Thank you Sissie (Sissie44) and Ann (Grannyannie).

I'm so excited - I think it will be beautiful with all the different shades of teal, sizes, and styles of squares.

Thank you everyone who's helping!

Do you still need squares? If so, please PM me your mailing address and I'll see what I can do. I think I have some teal leftover from the Cancer Square drive in March. I found it the other night when I was digging around for something else. Even still has a hook stuck in it.. lol

Another THANK YOU to Tammy (aka teakaycee) for the beautiful squares that arrived today! I love the one with the heart - I think it just may have to be the center of the whole design.

Ten squares have arrived already and more are coming. You all are so wonderful!

:ty

:hug

-Sharon

Archived