Anyone else have this problem?

Okay. I get over my head sometimes with all my wips and ptbm (projects to be made). Just when I get a handle on it, I come here to the 'ville an see all kinds of things that I want to make next . :eek If only I had eight arms then I could get them all done. Now I am stalking the yarn dept at Walmart and Ac Moore. :lol Anyone else with me?

Yes me too... :yes

2 examples this week, the question on here about shawls and favorite ones. Now I have about 5 I want to do (well something like that LOL). And my coworker started putting up Red/White/Blue decorate items on her desk and now I want to crochet some...

I also stalk the yarn department and there are times when you don't want to get between me and the yarn. Trust me.:lol

Debbi

Ok, I'll confess...I just came back from the LYS with enough yarn to make two really pretty seraphinas. My rationalization is I'm leaving on vacation tomorrow and will need new projects to work on.

Never mind the pile of WIPs in my bedroom...you can't see them...they're not really there... :lol:P

ummmm noooooo.. I work on only one project at a time ** hurridly shoves stuff in a closet** lol are you kidding? i can't even count how many different WIPS i have lol.

LOL, I have 4 Wips, and have many more I want to make. I have 3 folders of links to projects I want to make. I also stalk the yarn aisle, but I seriously needed that color...honest, cross my heart...;):D:P thats my story and Im sticking to it.

Kim

Sisters of my heart! I'm glad that I'm not alone in this addiction. Who would have thought something so harmless as yarn and a hook could become a lifelong obsession? Sometimes I take the wrappers off of new yarn so that I can tell my DH that I have had them forever. He just shakes his head and walks away. I also came across the shawl threads and they have my head spinning! I think that I might have to head over to Smileys and place an order!

:lol I AM so bad I'm not even going to a store at all that sells YARNS.So that way I cant start anything that I dont have the yarn for!:blush

The only problem with that for me is if I need to go to the Super walmart and not the mini market walmart, the super has yarn, which is GREAT, unless I need to ban myself from going there, it's soooo hard to resist the yarn ailse. (they have better prices on some things and more items).

And I've taken yarn from WIPs to use for current projects (like white) if I feel I can get away with it, so not having it, doesn't help... :lol... or I change my mind, start something and buy more yarn (like for my seraphina shawl).

Debbi

After taking a crochet hiatus to concentrate on my cross stitch addiction...I mean hobby...I picked it back up about 4 months ago to make some of my kids throw pillows for their bedrooms. Then I came here and discovered the HAP and signed up for that...then I found the rectangle granny afghan and now I've just started on the American Flag Afghan. LOL I told my hubby today that I bought the yarn for the Flag afghan and he raised an eyebrow...I had promised not to buy more yarn until I finished the projects I'm working on...he was a good sport and just laughed it off...but I really want to finish his rectangle granny and the flag afghans...then I'll make myself use 3 of the skeins I bought for the HAP rectangles before I begin anything else.

It's so easy to buy yarn because It's just so comforting and the colors just speak to me for certain people...ya know?

Shelley (hoping I can finish the 2 afghans and burn through my HAP stash before the new Hobby Lobby opens this fall! LOL

My LYS is having a going out of business sale :cry , and all the yarn is 30% off :bounce , and the books and hooks, etc. are 45% off :drool. After I found SNBHH, I had to find some yarn to make the prepster jacket (malabrigo), and then some yarn for a hat for dh (more malabrigo), and of course some yarn for a pair of socks for dad (done roving). $85 dollars later, I'm still wanting some cotton ww for a summer sweater.

I've already got a vest, a bag, and a nearly finished afghan in the closet. :ohdear

The list of things I want to make is more than a mile long, plus I have a yarn stash that is located in three states (storage shed, my parents house, with my household effects in another storage area and what's with me on site) and I work 12 hours a day....

I have brought four projects with me..... chances of me finishing without buying more yarn....

LOW

:blush:yes Why, of course not.... What are we all doing here at C'ville anyway? There are shelves for yarn, shelves for thread, and shelves for WIPs, right. Okay, a few other WIPs, too.

Archived