Baby Jude's comfortghan finished~*THANK Y'ALL!*

Titus2woman

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry it's taken so long...life has gotten kinda crazy and I've either been to tired or too cranky to even look at yarn for the last few days. I'll try to mail my square tomorrow, though. I tried a new pattern (silly me) and it turned out a little wonky. I'm going to try to block it tonight (which I've never done before) and see if I can straighten it out. If all else fails, I'll whip up a simpler square for you. So, it will go in the mail tomorrow...next day at the latest.

Goody, goody, gumdrops. My name's on the list.I was wondering if my square had made it. Kinda hard to say with the post office like it is sometimes. So tempermental (sp?).

Have a great day!!

Julee

I'm pretty sure Kathy and Phyllis are my dulcimer buds....

Angelfire, I hope you're feeling better! I don't even think Sissie is home yet~so don't worry! Have y'all read up on baby Jude? He's supposed to go home tomorrow!!!! Still will not be easy, but at least he and his Mama will be home....

Mindy, I did the very same thing with some other squares and ended up quitting and crocheting some regulars! LOL! Ya just can't pass up the learning experience, ya know? (((((HUGS))))) sandi

Mindy, I did the very same thing with some other squares and ended up quitting and crocheting some regulars! LOL! Ya just can't pass up the learning experience, ya know? (((((HUGS))))) sandi

It was a really cute square, but I never got it straightened out. So, I scrapped it and I'm about 1/2 way through a new one...in a more familiar pattern. I'll probably mail it out tomorrow.

Glad to hear Jude is going home! I'm sure his mother is ecstatic.

My square was in that box. :D Along with everything else I sent.
I will be flying out of here on thursday and can't wait to get home to all my goodies LOL

Sorry it's taken so long...life has gotten kinda crazy and I've either been to tired or too cranky to even look at yarn for the last few days. I'll try to mail my square tomorrow, though. I tried a new pattern (silly me) and it turned out a little wonky. I'm going to try to block it tonight (which I've never done before) and see if I can straighten it out. If all else fails, I'll whip up a simpler square for you. So, it will go in the mail tomorrow...next day at the latest.
No hurry babe I will not be home till friday the 4th! and hope to be able to spend my weekend sewing this comfortghan together:)

It was a really cute square, but I never got it straightened out. So, I scrapped it and I'm about 1/2 way through a new one...in a more familiar pattern. I'll probably mail it out tomorrow.

What was the pattern you used?

I am finally a grandmother again to little Micheal! he was borned at 2:45 this afternoon:clap:clap:clap he is 7lbs 3 ozs and 20 inches long!! and a full head of hair:))

windy did great but she was so tried it was hard for her to keep pushing I was in tears:(! it is so hard to watch your child in that kind of pain and not be able to do anything about it!!

hugs,

:)

Micheal! he was borned at 2:45 this afternoon:clap:clap:clap he is 7lbs 3 ozs and 20 inches long!! and a full head of hair:))

windy did great but she was so tried it was hard for her to keep pushing I was in tears:(! it is so hard to watch your child in that kind of pain and not be able to do anything about it!!

hugs,

Congrats Sissie. Sorry it was hard to watch:hug

Joyce

*CONGRATULATIONS, GRANDMA!* I SO look forward to having grandchildren one day!!! I'm also REALLY HAPPY you got to be there! (((((HUGS))))) sandi

I can't wait to have my own kids someday so I can crochet them all types of goodies and teach them all sorts of stuff and just plain love on them.

I will be flying out of here on thursday and can't wait to get home to all my goodies LOL

No hurry babe I will not be home till friday the 4th! and hope to be able to spend my weekend sewing this comfortghan together:)

What was the pattern you used?

I am finally a grandmother again to little Micheal! he was borned at 2:45 this afternoon:clap:clap:clap he is 7lbs 3 ozs and 20 inches long!! and a full head of hair:))

hugs,

Congrats on your Grandson!! So happy for you!!

Sissie....

The pattern I was originally doing was "Stephanie's Elephant Square" from crochetpatterncentral.com. It was really cute, but I just couldn't get it to lie flat. I ended up going with a diagonal box stitch. My sister really liked the way it turned out, and dropped some very loud, not-so-subtle hints for Christmas. :-) Of course, she likes everything I make, and between her and my grandmother, I'm lucky to keep anything I make. I've learned not to take completed projects to my Gran's house...I don't leave with them if I do. LOL

sent mine out today:blush, was too sick yesterday I am sorry

I hope you are feeling better now! I will not be home til tomorrow night so no worries:)

big hugs and get better soon

Sissie....

The pattern I was originally doing was "Stephanie's Elephant Square" from crochetpatterncentral.com. It was really cute, but I just couldn't get it to lie flat. I ended up going with a diagonal box stitch. My sister really liked the way it turned out, and dropped some very loud, not-so-subtle hints for Christmas. :-) Of course, she likes everything I make, and between her and my grandmother, I'm lucky to keep anything I make. I've learned not to take completed projects to my Gran's house...I don't leave with them if I do. LOL

I think it is hard for any of us to keep what we make:)) after 30 years of crocheting I only have one afghan in my home and that is the Ripple I had been working on for my grandmother back in 89 when she went home to be with our lord. I never could finish it after that:( it is in the brown, orange, green & aran colors that looked great back in the 80's:))

Congrats Sissie on being a grandma again!

I did the Elephants square & I couldn't get it to lay flat either. I do not think it does in the picture provided either. But it is cute once worked up. :D

Thanks everyone for the Congrats on my grandson:)

ok now you have me up for the challenge to try this square:))

Congrats Sissie on your new grandchild (Michael). God bless all of you.

BTW I have a daughter named Windy too.

is her name spelled with the "I" also? my windy is my baby and she is 24 now

Sissie! It would have MADE MY WHOLE LIFE had my Mom been there during/after/somewhere in there when I had my babies~*I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!* Thank you for being such a good Grandma!

Travel home safely, and *THANK YOU!* one MILLION times for putting this together! I was beginning to think that had I known my back was going to go out I could've done it, but I am JUST finishing previously committed projects and am still half-cocked at a dozen others~LOL! You are AMAZING! Thank you, thank you, *THANK YOU!* ((((((HUGS))))) sandi

I am home :cheer

I came home to packages everywhere:clap:clap I have all the square I need now for this comfortghan. Thank you everyone that has helped with this:manyheart:manyheart

Mary M = Iowa

Colleen = OH

Linda = Va

Jessica G = CA

Dana = CA

Julee = Idaho

Ann = MA

Peggy = Arizona ( I love the way you made this square!!)

Kathy = PA

Joyce = IN

Diana = Wisconsin

Lea =

Phyllis = Missouri

Jessica B = TN

Dianne = Mississippi

Eneida = Illinois

Sandi = VA

Karen = NY

Bonnie J = WI

sissie = WV

not sure on everyones user names:)

Welcome home!! I hope my square is ok. I figured something with diamonds and crosses would be fitting. Had fun designing it!!

Have a great day!!

Julee

Not yet but I plan on writting it up sometime though. I'd also like to make it a little smaller and make a few dishcloths out of it.

I'll let ya know when the patterns done and I'll get a copy to ya.

Julee

Archived