Baby Jude's comfortghan finished~*THANK Y'ALL!*

Titus2woman

UPDATE: Sissie44 is kindly putting this together~WOW! Please PM her for her address. We are hoping twenty people will send in ONE square done in blues with a tag attached containing their first name and state, any additional message encouragement optional. *THANK YOU SOOOO VERY MUCH!*

Copied from post 15: This is a family that has given SO MUCH to SO MANY people! I've seen them provide groceries for others in need, pay bills for others, work on houses needing repair for those they knew in need, make meals for the sick, when my appendix ruptured this dear young lady cleaned my house for me, and later when I was in a funk took me to get my hair done and even buy a few new clothes. Whenever they see a need they think they can meet, they DO IT!

UPDATE: You can read about how Jude is doing here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jude2

I have a dear friend who's 2mos has been in the hospital now for seven weeks of his little life. He has chyllothorax (sp?), and I'm not sure how much longer he'll be in the hospital. When I saw him today he is still on a ventilator with a drainage tube from his chest. We are praying for him to come off of the ventilator, be able to tolerate feeding by mouth, and against infection (he has mrsa). My friend was at the hospital five weeks straight without going home, now her Mom relieves her maybe twice a week. They have two other young children.

This amazing young lady just drips with the peace of the LORD! Still, I would so LOVE to give her a comfortghan or prayer shawl or something from people praying for them, but I feel overextended already. Any ideas or willing souls to do such a thing? Is this a selfish thing to ask? (((((HUGS))))) sandi

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sandi

I'd be willing to help with squares, but couldn't tackle a whole project right now as I too am feeling overextended. Have you considered a round ripple? Lapghan size, shouldn't take too long.

Good luck and let me know what you decide, if you want squares.

Joyce

I just love y'all! Let me think on it... I've never put together squares~can't be too hard, right? I've been down with mastitis and hafta hit homeschooling really hard once it finally clears up... Maybe I'll do the RR idea? I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M DOING! Can somebody give me more hours in my day? LOL! (((((HUGS))))) sandi~maybe just a prayer shawl?

I just love y'all! Let me think on it... I've never put together squares~can't be too hard, right? I've been down with mastitis and hafta hit homeschooling really hard once it finally clears up... Maybe I'll do the RR idea? I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M DOING! Can somebody give me more hours in my day? LOL! (((((HUGS))))) sandi~maybe just a prayer shawl?

I've never done a shawl but I'm guessing, depending upon the difficulty of the pattern it would be as easy as a round ripple. Putting squares together is dependent upon how many you get and what method you use. Whatever you do, we can certainly be there to cheer you on (side note, I did stormdrac's 9-point solid center round ripple in a couple of days). Good luck. I'll keep an eye out in case you ask for squares.

Joyce

I can help if you do squares (and no, it's not hard to put them together.) E-mail me your address if you decide to do that.

Hey, you're homeschooling...teach the kids and have them help you do the joining! DS used to say homeschooling was an underhanded way of getting help with stuff:D

Thank you, Becky! I love the idea of it taking many people's love to make something, but sadly it seems easier to do something myself. It's not a sob story, I'm just overwhelmed! (((((HUGS))))) sandi~whose 2yod LOVES to crochet with me~I hafta save many pieces of work from her destruction! LOL!

Still not a sob story, but getting out and getting $$$ for yarn is an issue. With the heat high I'm waiting on my new foundation garment to come in so I can even do so without being in so much pain. (Pray it comes TODAY! LOL! I hafta special order these things... Remember a while back I was trying to crochet a brazier? FINALLY gettin' a REAL ONE! AH!) OH the mastitis is KILLING ME!

If you wish to do the comfortghan I will sew it together for you. that part doesn't take long to do. I can do one in and afternoon if the nascar race is on :))!!

I would say 20 12" squares and you tell us what colors you think she will like.

just let us all know we are here for you

:hug

Sissie, are you serious?!! ~tears~ I would LOVE to take you up on that and contribute a couple of squares! I don't know about colors~the baby is a boy, so we could do blues? I actually have some blue yarn already too, so I don't even need to leave the house to get that done.... (((((HUGS))))) sandi

I know Sissie said 12" squares. I think blues would be great, and what if~just a what if~we had twenty people donate ONE square with a tag that included their first name and where they are from on it? Now that I have hope am I dreamin' too big? Just an idea....

When we hear back from Sissie I'll update the first post and indicate that in the thread title. I am BLOWN AWAY by the kindness of all of you~especially since I'm such a lome-dome myself with not being able to get it all together! Words just cannot express the fullness of my heart.... (((((HUGS))))) sandi

Y'all, I am SO EXCITED that I can't sleep! This is a family that has given SO MUCH to SO MANY people! I've seen them provide groceries for others in need, pay bills for others, work on houses needing repair for those they knew in need, make meals for the sick, when my appendix ruptured this dear young lady cleaned my house for me, and later when I was in a funk took me to get my hair done and even buy a few new clothes. I'm not kidding about the tears, and I feel soo guilty that I can't get my ducks in a row to do it all myself, and yet I am SO THANKFUL for y'all and... OH again... My heart is just SO VERY FULL! *THANK YOU!* (((((HUGS))))) sandi

I read your post last night and went in a whipped up a baby blue and white 12" square. Please PM me an address where to send it when you all are ready if you want it! :)

Colleen

I am always hesitant to volunteer to contribute anything because DH smokes and we have dogs. Some people are allergic or find the smell offensive. However, I would be happy to contribute a square if those things wouldn't be a problem. I can wash the square too before I send it. Let me know!

Hugs and prayers for your friend and her baby.:hug

Y'all are blessing me sooo much! Crochetstepmom, I would think we could Febreeze it or something, and it would be just perfect! Let's hear from Sissie, and then we'll get the address together to send 'em to. Y'all are makin' my day! (((((HUGS))))) sandi~don't forget your tag with first name/state! You can put a little message there as well if you so wish... OH how AMAZING!

I am always hesitant to volunteer to contribute anything because DH smokes and we have dogs. Some people are allergic or find the smell offensive. However, I would be happy to contribute a square if those things wouldn't be a problem. I can wash the square too before I send it. Let me know!

Hugs and prayers for your friend and her baby.:hug

If you can wash it and put it somewhere out side the house where the smoking is, it should be fine. And, then, like SAndi said, maybe febreeze it before you mail it. I'm sure Sissie will wash it before she sends, or Sandi before she gifts it.

Joyce

ok i am here and yes I will be more than happy to sew this together so start sending my way:yes

know will need my address? i know a couple of you already have it:)

hugs,

sissie

If you can wash it and put it somewhere out side the house where the smoking is, it should be fine. And, then, like SAndi said, maybe febreeze it before you mail it. I'm sure Sissie will wash it before she sends, or Sandi before she gifts it.

Joyce

oh yes i will wash it before I send it out

So, are we doing squares and sending to Sissie? In blues? Deadline? Size?

Joyce

yes we are sending to sissie:clap

all blues

12" squares we will need 20 of them

I would think as quick as we can

:hug

Archived