Ripple Afghan; Pattern Added Post #33

megan

That's nice! What colors did you use?

Thanks! I used Caron Simply Soft Brites in Papaya, Mango, Lemonade, and Limelight with a strand of Caron Simply Soft Bone carried throughout (so it wouldn't be overwhelmingly bright :lol ).

I would like to make several for graduation gifts also. Could you explain how you made it? I love the colors!!

Colleen

:ty Thanks, everyone, for the nice comments!

Actually, I just made it up; if you want more details about how I made it, let me know.

I really love the colors, too. They remind me of a roll of Lifesavers :D

Colleen, the instructions are below, as is a "detail" picture :D I didn't include dimensions, as I gave it away before measuring.... I think it ends up being about 40" wide and probably about 45" long without the tassels. You can adjust the width/length however you want; just make sure the foundation chain is a multiple of 14 + 4.

th_rippledetail.jpg

Kate's Ripple

Worked with two strands of yarn throughout, P hook

Color A: Caron Simply Soft Bone

Color B: Caron Simply Soft Brites (SSB) Papaya

Color C: Caron SSB Mango

Color D: Caron SSB Lemonade

Color E: Caron SSB Limelight

Stitches used (American notation):

chain

dc

Decrease Cluster

Increase Cluster

Decrease Cluster: Begin dc, stop with two loops on hook. Skip one ch, work dc in following ch making sure to finish the dc by drawing the yarn through all three loops on your hook.

Increase Cluster: In one ch (or space made by ch in all rows after the first), work 1 dc, ch 1, 1 dc.

Foundation:

Chain 116 with Yarn A and Yarn B.

Row 1: 1 dc in 3rd ch from hook. * 6 dc, 1 Decrease Cluster worked over next 3 ch, 6 dc, 1 Increase Cluster ** Repeat from * to ** until 6 ch from the end. Work 1 dc in next 5 ch, work 2 dc in final ch.

Row 2: Ch 3, * 6 dc, 1 Decrease Cluster, 6 dc, 1 Increase Cluster. ** Repeat from * to ** until close to end of row, 5 dc, 2 dc in turning chain of previous row.

Work same as row 2 to end. Color changes indicated below.

Foundation and Rows 1-3: Colors A and B.

Row 4: 2 strands of color A.

Rows 5-7: Colors A and C.

Row 8: 2 strands of color A.

Rows 9-11: Colors A and D.

Row 12: 2 strands of color A.

Rows 13-15: Colors A and E.

Row 16: 2 strands of color A.

Repeat color pattern Rows 1-15 three times.

Tassels were made using 2 12" strands of Color A and 1 12" strand of Colors B, C, D, and E; they were attached to the "peaks" along both rippled ends.

Thanks for posting the pattern and posting the close up of the blanket. I can't wait to start. I love the colors you used, but also need to make two in college colors (Bucknell blue/orange and Florida State U garnet/gold). I really want to make one with the brites. Thanks,

Colleen :)

No problem! It was fun writing up a pattern; I've never done that before :) Good luck with your afghans. With two strands of yarn and a big hook, they work up really really quickly!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived