Lacy Hoop Earrings

Put a new look on hoop earrings.

The hoops shown are 2¼ inch (top) with 3 rounds (see instructions) and 2½ inch (bottom) done with 4 rounds.

th_2008-05-18-007_.jpg

Image links to a larger picture

Materials used:

small amount of #10 crochet cotton

#7 steel crochet hook

Hoop Earrings - those pictured are 2¼ inches and 2½ inches across

Instructions:

Rnd 1: Make a loop around the hoop and sc around to cover the hoop. Crocheting over the loose end for several stitches will eliminate sewing it in later. You can cover the hoop completely, or to your taste.

Rnd 2:. Turn, (do not ch 1) sk first ch, * sc in next ch, sk two ch, sc in next ch, repeat from *. You should do these sc's a little loose to reach the next st.

Rnd 3: Turn, sk first st, * sc in next st, sk 1 st, repeat from * around.

Rnd 4: Turn, sk first st, * sl st in next st, sk next st, repeat around.

At this point, you can fasten off and sew in the loose end, or add another round. The white hoops above were done with 3 rounds and the black hoops were done with 4 rounds. The more rounds you add, the lacier the look becomes.

Enjoy!

Oooh! I could do these with my hoop earrings! That is so cool! Oh you could put beads on these too.. thats fantastic thank you for sharing

Oh! Beads! I haven't done beads yet, that would look really cool! Thanks for the idea!

^_^ Oh believe me... I'm full of them...

From this pattern you could do a sort of lacy beaded chandelier type of earring as well or even turn it into a teardrop..

Any idea on how one would go about adding beads or making a teardrop? i see these taking off in the fashion world!!

I think that's a great idea. I'm going to have to learn bead crochet now! :D

Normally, I can bead crochet but I've never doen it with anothe obect being involved. *rereads last sentence* I'm not sure if anyone is gonna undertsand that. hehe! Is there a way to make them look like a dreamcatcher by any chance?

Normally, I can bead crochet but I've never doen it with anothe obect being involved. *rereads last sentence* I'm not sure if anyone is gonna undertsand that. hehe! Is there a way to make them look like a dreamcatcher by any chance?

I know what you mean - the other object is the hoop, right?

I'd like to add beads to the design as it is, but I've never crocheted with beads before - the first step is to get the beads on the thread. I picked up some beads at Wal*Mart, but they're too small for the thread I'm using - maybe I should go to #20 :eek:eek or #30 :eek:eek:eek thread instead of #10. :tup

I'm working on something right now with a more elaborate center using #10 thread. We'll see how that goes...look for my progress here or in the Accessories Show and Tell

SWEET!! I am so looking forward to it. I just finished your pattern on a pair of 1 inch hops and they turned out nice. I'm thinking presents for the rest of the year! I'll make another post here in a few minutes with a picture of them. Thank you so much for this pattern. You have revived my love for thread crochet!!!

I can't seem to get them to load onto here in a small view so i will just post the links. You'll have to open them in a new tab (or window, whichever) so you don't lose your place.

Pic 1

Pic 2

I intend to make some bigger ones. Also, Crochet Dad, check out MyPicot.com and go to the free patterns section. You are sure to find some inpsiration there!

I fixed the links. You should be able to view them now. I'm glad you like the link. I randomly found it one day while looking for something else so I bookmarked it and it has been an inspiration for me several times. I have found several dreamcatcher square patterns and they all work form the inside out. can't seem to find any that work the other way around. I would love to see what you come up with next!

Archived