My Mothers Day Goodies!

O.k, third try here trying to post this....LOL

This morning, when my 17 year old son, Caleb, FINALLY decided to wake up, I kept hinting to him that today was Mothers Day. Just to get him to simply say "Happy Mothers Day, Mom" but he was being ornery and was acting like he didn'tknow what I was talking about. So, I come upstairs and he follows, After he ate his cereal of course. He comes to me with both hands behind his back, pulls one out and hands me a homemade card with personal messages from each of my boys. His message was "You're my favorite crazy crochet lady" I laughed at that and he pulls his other hand out and he had made me a hand carved crochet hook! :hook My tempermental-I'm-right-you're-always-wrong-not-happy-with-me-because-I-taught-his-girlfriend-to-crochet-which-takes-time-away-from-him almost 18 years old son made me a crochet hook! How cool is that?! My other boys, Noah, made me a ceramic rose and a plant stake for my houseplants and Job made me a 'MOM' keychain. My husband also bought me a plantstand that I have been wanting.

:manyheartI LOVE MY BOYS!:manyheart

2483515326_925e2b7460_t.jpg

(Hope I made that pic clicky correctly. And I apologize for the darkness)

nope, that was not done correctly.....LOL another try....

2483515326_925e2b7460.jpg?v=0

(sorry, big piccie)

what a sweet child out of three of my kids only one wished me a happy mother's day ,but she is 6 so I am still a good mom in her eyes

the crochet hook looks wonderful and homemade cards are always the best one

awesome crochet hook and I love the other homemade gifts from your boys!

my kids all remembered to wish me happy mother's day on their own, and it meant so much, especially since hubby is on duty so he didn't remind them!

my favorite gift was a poem my 10 year old wrote me.

I love the crochet hook!!! I just showed it to my DH, and he thought it was awesome!! He does woodworking and build furniture from oak and cherry!! I been trying to get him to turn me a hook, but alas no go.

Does your son take orders for his hooks? LOL

That is just the sweetest thing!!!

How thoughtful! Sounds like he was making you work for your gift!

I got a flower in a hand-painted pot from my 7 year old and lovely tissue paper flowers from my 11 year old. My DH and children fixed me a breakfast fit for a queen, then mopped and vaccumed (?) the house. What a great day!!

Good for you! I have a almost 16 yr old that thinks it's not cool hanging out with mom.

He surprised me today. Hubby and I went out to eat at the restaurant where he works and he took a break and sat down with me. When I was leaving I hugged him and he accepted my hug, and in a public place :c9

best present ever :c9

How sweet! I know that I treasure a small circle of leather that my son (now 29) stamped with "mom" many years ago. I still have it on my key chain. Now that my sons are all grown and on their own, they both forgot to call me but today the older one did and the younger one's wife did today too.

My tempermental-I'm-right-you're-always-wrong-not-happy-with-me-because-I-taught-his-girlfriend-to-crochet-which-takes-time-away-from-him almost 18 years old son made me a crochet hook! How cool is that?!

My other boys, Noah, made me a ceramic rose and a plant stake for my houseplants and Job made me a 'MOM' keychain. My husband also bought me a plantstand that I have been wanting.

:manyheartI LOVE MY BOYS!:manyheart

2483515326_925e2b7460_t.jpg

What thoughtful gifts!!!

Make sure your tell your son(like his name) we ALL :heart:tup the hook!!!

Where do we put in our :hookorder!!!

oh and your Entrelac afghan is beautiful!!

Thanks everyone! The entrelac blanket I made quite awhile ago, and I guess I never posted it. :blush

I need to seal the handle part with some shellac because he painted it black and put "Mom" with a couple hearts on either side, and wax the hook end. I actually tried using it and the hook doesn't quite catch the yarn like I'm used to, but I still love it! I'm requesting a display shelf for my birthday the end of the month. :D

Archived