Winged Hair Kerchief

CraftyChristine

Here's my version of Tiggzie's hair kerchief. I did 10 rows, instead of the suggested 15, and instead of breaking off and then re-attatching for the ties, I just finished the last row, chained 21, then worked my way back and across the top, did the other tie, and then broke my yarn and weaved it in. (Just makes for less tails...I'm lazy!)

Thanks so much for the pattern Tiggzie, it works up super fast (though the bullions took me a little while lol). No mistakes in your pattern, you did a great job!

kerchief1.jpg

YAYAYAYAYA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy I didn't mess it up hahaha. And by the way, I've also done the straps the way you did but couldn't figure out a good way to phrase it. Both ways work anyway hehe. Thanks for testing it!

Yours looks better than mine! :manyheart

I am a little confused....If it works up as a kerchief , how can it be made into a shawl. Do you just keep repeating Row 5 until it is shawl length???:blush:yay

I am a little confused....If it works up as a kerchief , how can it be made into a shawl. Do you just keep repeating Row 5 until it is shawl length???:blush:yay

Yep, all you'd have to do is repeat row 5 until it was as big as you wanted it to be. I imagine you could use any type of yarn you wanted to make it light and airy or thick and warm. :hook

Thanks Ms. Christine for your response....After I buy the yarn, I will let you know how it turned out as a shawl...But you girls are real fast. Now that I am working again, it cuts into my crochet time big time....

Archived