Nursing Home Charity

crochet-addict

This is something that I REALLY want to do but I'm only 1 person so I need some help to get going.....

When I was in my early teens I volunteered at our local nursing home where my mom worked as a CNA. I am usually a shy person but it was so easy for me to talk to the elderly men and women. I had a lot of fun going around to all the rooms and playing music and reading to them. I also loved to host bingo for them! They gave me so much happiness! And now that I am a lot older, married with kids of my own I want to give back to that nursing home.

I know that some of those elders might not be there anymore although I wish I could see them again. I want to donate some Lapghans, I really like this Square.

I need 6 or 8 in squares, any color but in worsted weight acryllic yarn for easy wash.

I found on their website that they have 120 beds.

If anyone would like to help please pm me!

:manyheart

Ally

Hi Ally

I would love to help you. I am currently finishing a blanket and should be down with it next week. These never ending squares look easy and a great way for me to use up my extra stash. Let me know if you have a deadline and where to send finished squares.

I'll help you :cheer Please PM me with your address and also when you really have to have some squares so I know a time frame for working on them to get a nice little package sent out.

Lauren :hook

hello Crochetaddict,

Two kids, another on the way and 120 lapghans??? Wow - you really like to keep busy, don't you?! :lol

Anyway, I have 8"/21cm squares to offer, you can tell me if you'd like them or not:

they're two-colour (all autumnal colours, browns, greens, cream) in a variation of the neverending granny square (similar to the one in the link you posted,) made in Schachenmayr Bravo yarn . I don't know what that is in terms of American yarn weight. I think it's worsted weight but I'm not sure. In fact, if you'd like them, you might be kind enough to let me know when you get them what weight they are, so I have an idea of how it corresponds to other yarns people talk about here. It's 100% acrylic and I can send you the yarn label so you can see the washing instructions.

Let me know if you'd like them. Because I'm posting from overseas, I'd prefer not to post them to you if the yarn is wrong or you can't use the colours. :)

Miss Crochet

yep, I agree with Miss Crochet. This is gonna be a big challenge for you.

How big are you gonna be making your lapghans? I am just curious.

I already have 2 8" squares done. I wanna make a couple more before I mail them. I'll let you know when I go to PO.

I have 20 6" squares ready to mail to you. I am just waiting for you to respond to my pm requesting your mailing address.

you go girl :cheer:clap:cheer:clap

I'll be glad to help. I don't get online every day, but if you'll send me your address, I can have either 6 or 8 inch squares for you in the pattern you requested, as this is also my favorite pattern and I always have some on hand.

:lolOh knock it off...you're a bad influence....:D

just cheering you

give me a T, give me an R...

go tracy, go tracy... :cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer

I can help out too. Please send me your mailing address.

Hmmm... a name for your charity project. How about "Home Comforts" or "Covered with Love".

Thanks for organizing this - it's a great idea!

Now I'll get :crocheting

-Sharon

I'd be glad to help out. Just PM me with the details. I can send you the squares in the pattern ready within a couple weeks. Or let me know how many go in a lapghan & I can put it together & send. Sometimes I just need something mindless to work on & it would be one less for you to assemble.

I can help out too. Please send me your mailing address.

Hmmm... a name for your charity project. How about "Home Comforts" or "Covered with Love".

Thanks for organizing this - it's a great idea!

Now I'll get :crocheting

-Sharon

I like "Covered with Love"

Archived