I'm New Too

tattletale

I'm new here too! My name is Debbi and I love to crochet! I recently started crocheting hats {okay two} for small kids and babies who are ill or just need something nice. I don't know where I'm going to send them, I just started crocheting them two days ago. I want to get at least 25 done so it will be a while.

I live in Southern California, two blocks away from Palm Springs. I don't crochet too much in the summer because it's so hot! I'm trying to stick with it but it was 112 for the last few days.

I have a little boy age 6, will be seven in two weeks, and he's in first grade. I volunteer at his school. I just got a special award from the principal last week for volunteering over 100 hours! I was pretty happy.

I'm a SAHM in case you didn't guess that. My BF works at a homeless shelter right now but starting next week he'll be working for another place doing pretty much the same job but better hours and much better pay.

I enjoy crocheting, reading, and doing plastic canvas.

I guess that's enough for now!:think

Hi Debbie:hi from the Hot and Humid:hot state of Florida.

If you want to keep crocheting in the summer, do what I do, change to thread.

:D

Anyway, welcome to crochetville. You are going to love it here.:hook

Hi Debbie, :welcome to Crochetville, you will find yourself here often. I suggest if you can't crochet much in the summer because of the heat, you can keep yourself on here. :compute

there are so many nice people and very helpful I might add.

You will learn a ton of new things and fun sites to go to just by reading what everyone else is doing.

Don't give up, by this winter you will have your hats made.:hook

He Debbi, welcome from equally hot southern AZ! It's way too hot to work on big things here now too, but I just started learning to work with thread. You're right, it's hard to see, but the end result was worth it. Guess I'll have to get me one of those jeweler's hat things with the magnifying lenses!

Patty

Hi and :welcome to Crochetville from Northeast Ohio! I'm a charity crocheter too. Be sure to checkout the Crochet for Charity section of this forum. A charity sewing group was recently organized at our church and, before we knew it, we had 37 women signed up to crochet and knit.

:hi from humid Oklahoma! We broke heat records 3 days last week! (And 2 of those were spent doing yardwork for a bright idea my husband had that ended up being a huge undertaking.) Welcome to the Board!

Tandi

Hi and Welcome from Brussels Belgium where it is supposed to be a sweltering 31° tomorrow.......thats celsius by the way :lol so translate that one to 87° F which is a heat wave for Belgium...woo hoo!! Its a great group here - pull up a chair, sit back, turn the computer on and be prepared to be amazed by all of the wonderful talented people we have sharing our love of yarn and hook! :hook:hug

Archived