Spiral Scrubbie and Flower Hot Pad

fmlcrochet

Fernanda

Thanks so much for that Scrubbie Pattern

I needed that to make a body scrubbie for my mother.

I have also done the pot holders but be careful what you place on it. With that yarn it can ruin a good pot. I use mine for just bowls that are warm. I use my cotton ones for the pots right off the stove top.

Both look great.

Brenda

Do you (or anyone else) know if acrylic scrubbies work well? I have been tempted by that pattern but kind of worried a bit about it taking too long to dry if it was worsted cotton. I usually use cotton for dishcloths and such, but was not sure about the double layer of the scrubbie staying damp and getting smelly.

Do you (or anyone else) know if acrylic scrubbies work well? I have been tempted by that pattern but kind of worried a bit about it taking too long to dry if it was worsted cotton. I usually use cotton for dishcloths and such, but was not sure about the double layer of the scrubbie staying damp and getting smelly.

I have made both, worsted cotton and acrylic and love both.

Yes the acrylic dries faster but obviously isnt as soft but also makes a nice 'scrubbie' type cloth vs a dishcloth type cloth. I use and love both :)

Hugs,

Kath

I love that spiral scrubby I have made several of them. I love using them, too. (Don't necessarily love doing dishes, but.... it makes it a little more fun...) :P Great job on the potholder, too. :hook

Tina

Those colors are beautiful!

I make something similar to the scrubby (but not so elaborate) and put them into bags of catnip ~ take 'em out and the cats love to scurry 'em cross the floor. They make great gifts for cat shelters, too, cuz they keep the scent quite a while and a catnip pack can be inserted inside, too.

One caution ~ some cats do eat knit stuff. Most are fine but there's always that one!

Fernanda

Thanks so much for that Scrubbie Pattern

I needed that to make a body scrubbie for my mother.

I have also done the pot holders but be careful what you place on it. With that yarn it can ruin a good pot. I use mine for just bowls that are warm. I use my cotton ones for the pots right off the stove top.

Both look great.

Brenda

Since it's acrylic, the hot pad is just for decoration. Don't want to ruin the pot or the hot pad. :)

My daughter has been using the scrubbie in her bath and it seems to be ok so far. I used the acrylic since I had read it has more scrubbing power. It's really just a toy for a 3 year old. :lol

Archived