Potpourri Sachet!

Bernadette

I'm so proud of this one! Being fairly new to thread crochet - and it's filled with lavender - which is encased in a "pocket" of tulle. Smells heavenly. I had to share!!

th_DSC00615.jpg

Thank you! I got a tip earlier today -THANK YOU GRANNY SQUARE - and am seriously thinking about changing the tulle to some kind of fabric to make the potpourri fill a bit easier to work with. Since I already had the tulle, I couldn't help muself and had to finish the project!

Very pretty. I've used muslin to fill with lavender & a bit of cotton batting on the inside of my crocheted sachets.What pattern did you use? Its so pretty & it would make great mother's day gifts. I have 6 sisters & it would be nice to give them each one.

Hi!! Thank you all for your very kind comments. Caitlinsmom - I found and used the pattern from the Crochet Pattern Central web site - click on sachets - and then click on potpourrie heart.(or heart potpourrie) It really works up fast!!

The baskets I make for the women in my family (and also my friends) will now contain one of these. Thank you also for the muslin and cotton tip. As for the potpourri, I found what I think is the most fabulous smelling and affordable potpourri web site: http://www.sachet.com/store/WsDefault.asp?Cat=BuyingBulkPotpourri

I hope I don't get in trouble for pasting that in there - no I don't work for them or have any association with them whatsoever - other than buying bulk lavender!! I really wanted a quality potpourri and this is it!

Good luck!!!

Archived