Cat/Mat Rug

pasteeater

This is a mat/rug I made for my nine year old son. He collects anything cats. Someone else posted a pic of theirs on here and I hunted down the pattern on Ebay. I'm not happy with the face but I was tired last night when I finished it. My son is happy with it though and I guess that's what matters right?

th_2008_0406blankie0004.jpg

That is gorgeous. I too collect anything cat. I also have 6 rescued cats here. As I am in the UK I wonder what my chance is of getting a pattern?

I really do love it well done.

xx Sharon

That is gorgeous. I too collect anything cat. I also have 6 rescued cats here. As I am in the UK I wonder what my chance is of getting a pattern?

I really do love it well done.

xx Sharon

I don't know. It was an old pattern book called Annie's Crochet Newsletter Sept/Oct 1991. I found mine on eBay.

Well done! Those faces aren't as easy as they look, are they! I always have a difficult time doing the faces. I spend more time on that than on the rug itself.

LOL I am so bad at embroidery in the first place!

Wow! That was quick! I got my pattern from Ebay recently too--after seeing the other thread on the two cat mats, but haven't had the time to make one yet! Yours looks great!

As for the face, I was thinking about leaving the face off of mine. I like the shape of the mat!

Wow! That was quick! I got my pattern from Ebay recently too--after seeing the other thread on the two cat mats, but haven't had the time to make one yet! Yours looks great!

As for the face, I was thinking about leaving the face off of mine. I like the shape of the mat!

Yeah, if I make a new one, I think I'll leave off the face too.

I just got this pattern from ebay too. :D Mine is on it's way. I will probably leave off the face too. Or maybe sew on felt? I can't embroider to save my life. What kind of yarn did you use pasteeater? I think the pattern says rug yarn but I may have to substitute.

I just got this pattern from ebay too. :D Mine is on it's way. I will probably leave off the face too. Or maybe sew on felt? I can't embroider to save my life. What kind of yarn did you use pasteeater? I think the pattern says rug yarn but I may have to substitute.

I used three strands of RH yarn. It is a very easy pattern. Works up fast.

• 2 weeks later...
This is a mat/rug I made for my nine year old son. He collects anything cats. Someone else posted a pic of theirs on here and I hunted down the pattern on Ebay. I'm not happy with the face but I was tired last night when I finished it. My son is happy with it though and I guess that's what matters right?

2008_0406blankie0004.jpg

I love it, very nice will have to hunt out the pattern and try one myself!

Archived