Getting thanks for what you donate

I went to my crochet/knitting group like usual on Fridays. We crochet or knit things for charities, nursing homes, etc. A lady had brought in a lapghan that she had made and I volunteered to bring it to the nursing home right by my house.

So I bring in the new one and I asked about how to give this to someone. One of the nurses saw what I had and asked if I was from St. Thomas Church. I had said that I was.

A lady at her table had received a blanket and wanted to thank me for it. I welled up. She said she loved the blanket and that it was so kind of our group to make such pretty things to donate.

It made me feel good inside. It just made me realize how important our work is.

:manyheart

it's a wonderful feeling. I recieved a thank you card for one of the shawls I made and I just stood there in tears. We'll never know the full extent of the blessings we share in creating - but even knowing about just one makes it all worth while.

I always tell myself it won't matter if the recipient even KNOWS that I made something, and in the long run it doesn't. But some genuine thanks does feel good. I'm glad the lady appreciated your gift, Linda.

I gave some scarves and a baby afghan to a friend for a charity craft sale. She told me they loved the afghan and 1/2 the workers wanted to buy it before the sale :yes. They decided to put it on the auction table. It started at $25, they got nearly $60 :clap! Everything else went for $50 or less. It felt good to know my afghan was a hit. Of course they'll want another for next years sale :lol.

Ellie 13

I am so happy for you! There is NOTHING better than having an elderly person cuddling up with somehting you made from your heart, I believe they FEEL our genuine love in the works

Bless you!

JoAnn

I've completed my first charity baby blanket, 3/4 done with my second one, and the compliments i've gotten from the numerous people i work with make me even more excited to donate finished stuff. It's a great feeling to do things for others, the thank yous and compliments in return are icing on a delicious cake.

I got a thank you from the recipient of one of the Project Linus 'ghans I did last year. Got goosebumps and tears.

It has made the making of all of them even more special.

I donate my "interesting tries" in hats, scarves and slippers. it seems that they notice these things in the midst of all the "usual" donated items.

Don't get me wrong, part of me envies people who can just sit down and git 'er done and pump out pair after pair of mittens and slippers or hats. But it is nice that they like the "interesting" ones as a special treat.

I do this because I want to give and I don't look for a thank you but it is nice to hear 'thanks" once in a while.

Archived