Shawler CAL

That's what I thought. I join the yarn to the first DC. Chain 13, sc in second cn from hook. 12 sc. Oh... Yea. That might have been it. I sc'd back up 12. no.. the pattern says that there are 12 sc's. I'll get it figured out.

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finished the first side last night, and started making the cuff on it. I'm doing that because I need to gauge how much yarn I have left. I had planned on making a collar, but may have to skip that. Getting more yarn isn't really an option. I never planned to make a hood, and if the shawler ends up collar-less, too (a legitimate option), that will be fine.

Here's a question, for those who have made the "shawl collar" option: Do you make the collar before or after making the trim? Did you trim the collar, too?

I was planning to make a ribbed collar to match the cuffs, but I don't think edging it with 4 rows of sc would be a good idea, so I was going to make it *after* I did the edging. It may be a moot point as I probably don't have enough yarn.

Also--has anyone made one with more than one button? I'm thinking I'd like three, and I was just planning to space them evenly on the front.

I'm having a great time with this project--so fun!

Here's a question, for those who have made the "shawl collar" option: Do you make the collar before or after making the trim? Did you trim the collar, too?

I was planning to make a ribbed collar to match the cuffs, but I don't think edging it with 4 rows of sc would be a good idea, so I was going to make it *after* I did the edging. It may be a moot point as I probably don't have enough yarn.

Also--has anyone made one with more than one button? I'm thinking I'd like three, and I was just planning to space them evenly on the front.

I'm having a great time with this project--so fun!

I've made my collared shawlers both way. One on purpose and one because I put on the edging and forgot the collar until after LOL It works fine either way, really. It's totally up to you.

I haven't made my shawlers with more than 1 button but I bet it would work fine too!

Hugs

Kath

I finished my purple shawler this morning! :cheer:yay

th_crochet550.jpgclicky

I still need to find 4 skeins of yarn to finish the homespun one I started. I've got one side of it done.

I finished my purple shawler this morning! :cheer

I still need to find 4 skeins of yarn to finish the homespun one I started. I've got one side of it done.

That is truly gorgeous!

What color homespun are you using for the other one?

Thanks! I love that rainbow boucle.

I'm using dusty blue homespun on the other one. I'm about to go to HL now and see if anymore came in on the truck yesterday. :xfin

This is gorgeous! How many skeins did you use?

I finished my purple shawler this morning! :cheer:yay

th_crochet550.jpgclicky

Mine is done!!! Need to get a pic taken tomorrow maybe. or not. I want my DH to take one of me wearing it so it may be a couple of days. Now off to get some other things done and then I can start the other one I have planned!!!!!LOL

This is gorgeous! How many skeins did you use?

It took a little under 1 1/2 skeins of the rainbow boucle.

I won an auction on ebay for the 4 skeins I need to finish my other shawler :yay so as soon as that comes in I'll be able to get back to work on it. :D

I just finished my 5th one and it looks just like my first and second ones (the second one is below). I'm working on the 6th one (which is for me since I gave my first one for me away), using homespun in Corinthian color.

th_SarahMattcrochet007.jpg

th_SarahMattcrochet008.jpg

th_SarahMattcrochet009.jpg

Here's my second one...it looks just like my first...just took the pics in a different part of the yard! LOL

Theresa - I want to see the one in Corinthian. I've never seen anything worked in it before. I bet it'll be pretty!!

I will post pics of that one! It is interesting....I think I was in a funky mood when I bought it...sometimes I like it and sometimes I say...what were you thinking! LOL....but on the whole I like it so far. It's going slower because I am using the linked dc's...boy they are harder to count and keep track of, but with practice it is getting easier. I am about half way done with the first side. And I do like the closeness of the stitches so far. It will be nice for a cold blooded old broad like me!

Theresa i like those they are great Im still part way thru my second one i gave the first one away lol. Mine is praire.

hsger, the one you made is gorgeous did it stripe like that on its own or did you add the other color in it? Ive never done anything with the bouncle.

Oh yea Theresa what is the close or connected dc's you were talking about?

Archived