Shawler CAL

Shelle,

Absolutely! Thanks!

Thanks!

If I've missed anybody's pic (I'm sure I have) and you want it on my blog, please let me know - e-mail or PM me. Thanks! ;)

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keesha...that is gorgeous! That color looks very good on you! I finished my second one last night. Boy, did I have trouble with one cuff...just one of those things that didn't want to work out right for me! I think I frogged that one cuff 5 times before I was happy with it! Breezed right through the second one then! Gonna start another one tonight I hope!

We may have to start a Shawler-aholics Annonymous group soon! :lol

My name is Shelle, and I'm a Shawler-aholic....

I've got my 5th one 1/2 done. It's LB Wool-ease in Wheat. Had to put it on hold for now to make a Granny Square sweater for a nice gal in France (she ordered it thru my Etsy shop). She and I have been convo-ing back & forth across the pond, and she's a hoot! Reminds me of our Paulette. So funny and full of life!:yay She's an artist and has a shop on Etsy, too. http://mentalembellisher.etsy.com Read her profile. Cracked me up.

Got some more HS in the color Fiesta - will be pretty for fall. It'll be my 6th.

Okay, done rambling..... for now... :D

Well...how could we NOT become shalwer-holics! Once you've made one and worn it in public, you may as well bite the bullet and just keep on hookin' em...cause people won't leave you alone! ROFL! I can't wait to try one in wool and one in a lighter weight yarn too! Looks like I'll be making lots of 'em!

We may have to start a Shawler-aholics Annonymous group soon! :lol

My name is Shelle, and I'm a Shawler-aholic....

:lol My name is Dawn and I am also a Shawler-aholic. I am also a member of YA.........Yarnaholics Anonymous.

Andrea - I love your shawler...it is a great color, not too bright but a happy color....and you look pretty in it and are pretty....

I also like your house (the outside of it)

OK, I will begin mine tonight and join all you addicts soon.:cheer:cheer:cheer I bought some multi-color ww yarn in autumn colors of green, orange, yellow and brown and it should work up nicely....

Okay here goes just dont look at the face lol

th_100_1423.jpg

:cheer It's gorgeous! Good job! (and so are you!)

Everyones Shawlers are just gorgeous. :clap

I really need to get more of mine done.

Com'on Wendy...we want to see yours too!:hook

Andrea - I love your shawler...it is a great color, not too bright but a happy color....and you look pretty in it and are pretty....

I also like your house (the outside of it)

OK, I will begin mine tonight and join all you addicts soon.:cheer:cheer:cheer I bought some multi-color ww yarn in autumn colors of green, orange, yellow and brown and it should work up nicely....

Sounds like lovely colors! My fav's! I have been thinking I would love to try this in Vanna's Yarn too!

Andrea? How tall are you? Did you have to add any rows? Im asking cuz i am 5'8 and want to make sure it will be long enough for me. Your shawler looks great!

I finally got my yarn last night. Homespun in the color Granite. It was on clearance for $4 a skein. Started last night but still on the first ten rows and was cross-eyed from trying to stay awake to do it. Been moving for the last couple weeks, so have had very little crochet/downtime.

Gina, hope you got all moved and settled! I think the best way to determine whether to do extra rows is to try it on as you go. That's what I did, but I am 5'3" (and very small busted) so I didn't have to do as many rows as the pattern calls for. I started my third one last night and changed to a different hook too, my aluminum was catching the yarn too much, so I switched to a plastic and boy what a difference! I whipped through the first half of one side in no time! Can't wait to see your pics, I don't think I've seen the Granite color yet....what color(s) are in that?

gina I am only 5 ft 4 I only did 34 rows I am not tiny like Theresa and I am very large busted so that worked for me. I think I have short arms I made it for my son's teacher who also is shorter than I am. I used a K hook. Thank you for the compliment and I can't wait to see yours. I started my second one last night with praire color.

My yarn came in yesterday and I started mine last night. It will take a bit getting used to this yarn. After the first row it went pretty quick. I'm using homespun candy apple red. This one is for me.

Thanks Keesha! It looks like yours is about the size/length I am looking for. I really like the color too.

Andrea-you look tall(er)~lol

The granite homespun is a combo of greys, but there arent any of the darker more charcoal colors in it.

I am starting to get settled. Moving is the WORST!! But I feel somewhat human today for the first time in weeks, so tonite I might make more pregress. I am on my first half still, about 15 rows into the pattern.

Even though I havent been a HUGE contributer so far to this thread, I've been keeping track of all your progress, and you've all managed to comfort me on days that I was so tired and miserable, I didn't think anything would help. So thanks!!

My yarn came in yesterday and I started mine last night. It will take a bit getting used to this yarn. After the first row it went pretty quick. I'm using homespun candy apple red. This one is for me.
I made mine in Candy Apple red too. It's a great colour.

I'd love to join this CAL but cannot find the pattern and am denied access to the photo you site. I'm new here and surely must be doing something wrong. Can anyone help?

I started on Tuesday of this week and am almost finished with the first side. I was impressed with how easy and fast it is going. I love when it does not tx your mind but you finish up with something fabulous.

I will post on Sunday and let you see my yarn and first side....I am loving it and the yarn I bought....:cheer:cheer:cheer

I'd love to join this CAL but cannot find the pattern and am denied access to the photo you site. I'm new here and surely must be doing something wrong. Can anyone help?

The pattern is on my website and in my Etsy store. :hook

(links in signature)

Archived