8 and 12 inch squares needed for local hospital elderly and abused children

stargazingirly

I have been working with my local hospital (northeast health.. its a couple of hospitals and 6 nursing/assisted living homes) and they have a great need for afghans/ lapghans for their geriatric patients as well as for the children who come in suspected of having been sexually abused. I was going to make blankets on my own to donate but if anyone has squares they would be willing to contribute to this great cause it would be great to get a lot more done faster!

I was thinking 8 inch squares for the children's blankets in bright colors, but any colors will be great, I'll mix and match them so the blankets look great.

and then 12 inch squares for the lapghans for the elderly. These can be either bright or earthy tones, again, i'll match them up to make nice combinations.

There isn't really a time limit for this, just let me know when you need my address!!

I know you all have a lot on your plates, but please keep me in mind!

Thank you all!!:hug

I would love to help Jess but I am tied up here making 100 lapghans for the seniors here, if i do get time I will try to send you a few :)

hugs,

sissie

Thanks! I will be doing this over a long time period, as there will always be a need. so keep me in mind when ever you have a chance okay? and any number of squares will be wonderful! I really appreciate it!

well i got 7 squares done yesterday!!

I am going to count up what I have total so far when I dig though my closet later.. I think i'm getting close to being ready to assemble an afghan.

anyone know how to edit the title of a page? i'd like to add to it to say why I would like the squares!

I wish I had the time to give some sqares right now, but I've got my hands full trying to get a group together to make things for the Detroit Children's Hospital. Once things die down with that, I can probably send a few. also, to change the title click edit on your original post, then advanced and you can change the title. hope that makes sense! Good luck!

I def. will keep you on my list of where I can sedn squares. I do have a few squares I made randomly for no reason & if some are 8 inch I'll send them to you. When I make Sissie some squares (because I told her I'd send at least 1 a month to her. :D) I'll make you one too. :D So could you send me your address so I can get them out when I can?

I'd like to make some for you. I have never done squares to send to someone - may I use any pattern or is there some guideline you use?

I'll PM for your address closer to the time when I have some ready.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived