My 3 Bed Dolls

ymeador1

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All I can say is they are all three beautiful. I am sure a lot of work goes into them. I can understand you not wanting to part with them. There will be three happy people.

WOW!! Just stunning, I'm planning on trying to make one for my little girl for a Christmas gift. The first one is my favorite. I love it.

Blessings,

Lynn

• 6 months later...
Sorry to dig up an old thread but those dolls are gorgeous!

Oh please don't be sorry about pulling up this thread:) It makes a person feel good to hear all the nice things you all have to say about the bed dolls I have made!

Deborah, thank you so much for your wonderful comment too:)

Yvette

All 3 are beautiful. Really love the pineapples! About how long does it take to make one of those?

Thank you!

I only one that I kinda kept track of was the last one which is the burgundy with the flowers, that one has approx. 60+ hours:)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

they are beautiful , i just have a very simple minded question what is under the skirt if the dress or do you crochet slips under it until its full ? Im wanting to learn to make one & have looked everywhere for a free pattern . want to make sure i can follow the directions before buying a pattern . lol no not cheap just hate to waste money on something i might nor be able to do .

nina h

nina

they are beautiful , i just have a very simple minded question what is under the skirt if the dress or do you crochet slips under it until its full ? Im wanting to learn to make one & have looked everywhere for a free pattern . want to make sure i can follow the directions before buying a pattern . lol no not cheap just hate to waste money on something i might nor be able to do .

nina h

nina

Actually that is a great question:) At first I was doing what the patterns call for, a crocheted form that has a tube in the center for the doll to stand in, then when finished crocheting the form, you put in some fiber fill to stuff and have a drawstring to close the bottom, after you cut yourself a piece of cardboard, matting or something that will help the bottom have a flat shape.

I still do crochet some of the forms but I have to be honest here:) I sometimes do the sewn ones, that finally came out, I don't know what year or pattern. I find too that the forms you sew seem to be more smooth than just stuffing the crocheted form.

There are lots of free patterns for fashion doll dresses, bed dolls, etc on the web, I hope you have found one:)

Thank you,

Yvette

There are others on here that make dolls, so maybe they will chime in and tell us what they use for their forms.

Archived