My 3 Bed Dolls

ymeador1

Those dolls are gorgeous!!! Where did you get the pattern?

Hi Angie, the patterns are Annie's Attic, some from the Bed Doll Series and the last one from her Pineapple Fashion Doll Gowns, designed by Mary Layfield. I don't think I will be doing many of them, there are 4 patterns in the book but they have alot more work than the series bed dolls. There are a ton on ebay or I am sure alot of other online auctions, etc I just don't know about them.

If you need more info just drop me a line:)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love them! I tried a doll pattern several years ago and almost finished it before we moved & I lost track of it. I'd like to do one for each of my daughters this year for Christmas, but I'm not sure if I can get them finished in time.

Thank you for posting your pics - beautiful!

Acutally they started out sitting on the bed with the skirt spread out all around her, hence the bed doll name. Now you make a pillow to fit under the doll. I guess you could call them pillow dolls now.

Beautiful job on the dresses.

I have a question myself. How in the world did you get the hair the way you did. I have tried everything, but I can not get the curls to stay in. I guess you could say cause of the humidity, but can you help me?

Thanks for the info, Tampa Doll :)

Thank you all for your wonderful comments!

Hounddog, I like working with thread:) I do alot of doilies too. Take after my mom.

Sandra, just pick out an easier pattern to work with to make your daughters one each, the first ones don't have to be really elaborate:) I am sure they would love anything you do for them!

Yvette

Wow!!! Those are gorgeous! I am gonna have to show those pictures to my mom. She used to crochet those before she got alzhiemers,but she does still remember making them. Those would make her smile. Thanks for sharing.

Tina, that is so good to hear and I hope it does make your mom smile:)

Thanks to everyone, these are a few of the first pictures I posted here and I feel very welcomed by all of you:)

All of the projects you all have done are gorgeous too, I have been going through alot of them to see.

Yvette

The one that I sold is going to it's new home tonight, I don't know for sure if I am glad about it:) I think I was almost hoping she (the woman who ask me to make it for her) had changed her mind as I had so much time into it, and I had kinda grown fond of it:)

Yvette

• 2 months later...

those are really beautiful, I do a bit of thread ,but mosly yarn as my fingers don't like the thread as much as they used to ,but I just love your dolls

Hi Heather,

The pattern is from Annie's Attic #878703 from 1995 called Plantation Beauties.

Glad you liked them. You reminded me with your post that I was going to start another one:) just have to figure which one now.

Thank you all again for your comments, they were most appreciated by me!

Yvette

such stunning dolls!! your work is amazing! I've not seen many bed dolls done with 11.5" fashion dolls.

Archived