My 3 Bed Dolls

ymeador1

Hello everyone,

I haven't posted here before (I mean in this thread:) but since I just finished my third bed doll I thought I would show them to you all.

The first one I made is going to my granddaughter.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/ymeador/Crochet%20Knit%20Etc/P1122760.jpg

The second one I made is for my mother. I forgot to take a pic before I gave it to her so I used her camera and emailed to myself, so the photo is not real good but you get the idea.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/ymeador/Crochet%20Knit%20Etc/barbiebeddoll1.jpg

The third one is sold:)

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/ymeador/Crochet%20Knit%20Etc/P3243104.jpg

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, I have to ask it, I have seen these mentioned on the forum and the dresses you have crocheted are lovely, but... help me out here...

a tissue box doll covers a tissue box, a toilet paper roll doll covers a toilet paper roll, the skirt on the doll is generous, but surely a bed doll doesn't cover up a bed!?!?!?! :P

What exactly does it cover? Enquiring mind wants to know :)

Cheers,

That is a good question:) As I am sure you know, no they don't cover a bed, they just sit on the bed very pretty like and all. Plus that is what the pattern books call them so I guess I could write to Annie with your question, first I did a search on google and didn't find an answer for you, but I did find an email at this address so you can ask too:)

http://www.anniepotter.com/estore/contact.asp

If I hear something before you I will come back to let you know what they say:) and you can do the same if you get your answer first, deal?

They could call them pillow dolls as they cover a form that is filled with stuffing:) and you could rest your head on it:)

Those are just lovely! I have always wanted to make one for my daughter, she has enough dolls to cover 100's of beds :lol, I just need to break down and buy a pattern.

So, I have to ask it, I have seen these mentioned on the forum and the dresses you have crocheted are lovely, but... help me out here...

a tissue box doll covers a tissue box, a toilet paper roll doll covers a toilet paper roll, the skirt on the doll is generous, but surely a bed doll doesn't cover up a bed!?!?!?! :P

What exactly does it cover? Enquiring mind wants to know :)

Cheers,

Acutally they started out sitting on the bed with the skirt spread out all around her, hence the bed doll name. Now you make a pillow to fit under the doll. I guess you could call them pillow dolls now.

Beautiful job on the dresses.

I have a question myself. How in the world did you get the hair the way you did. I have tried everything, but I can not get the curls to stay in. I guess you could say cause of the humidity, but can you help me?

Absolutely gorgeous! You do great work. I tried these in thread and couldn't do them:blush. I even have some of Annies Bed Doll society patterns somewhere because I love them. Maybe I'll try another one some day. Yours make me want to do then.

Thanks for sharing!

Debbi

I am off to donate platelets at the blood bank this morning but wanted to stop in real quick to thank you all for your kind words, it is so nice!!

There were a couple of questions and I will be back later to answer them the best I can:)

Thanks again one and all!

Yvette

Acutally they started out sitting on the bed with the skirt spread out all around her, hence the bed doll name. Now you make a pillow to fit under the doll. I guess you could call them pillow dolls now.

Beautiful job on the dresses.

I have a question myself. How in the world did you get the hair the way you did. I have tried everything, but I can not get the curls to stay in. I guess you could say cause of the humidity, but can you help me?

Tampa Doll, I don't think it is the humidity:) You will probably find out like me, I did alot of searching for help with Barbie's hair! Boiling water is the trick:) or if you have really hot tap water that may work, I am going to try that next.

But I have a website I will post here for anyone interested that will probably help alot.

http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf35206835.tip.html

I am going to guess that you are referring to the second doll I did for my mom as that is the one I played with styling her hair.

The last one that is sold the slight curl in the long part in front was the way I bought her off ebay, I bought a whole bunch of them to get some good enough for me to use as models and after you read the above link I think you will see you can perform a miracle with some of the barbie's:)

I also bought off ebay, doll bobbie pins, curlers, etc and got some hairpins from my mom.

I started off with straws for curlers and they will definitely do the trick.

Hope some of the info will help you, let me know if you restyle your barbie's hair, I would love to see it.

Archived