Edgerydoo Boo Boo

Sometimes you just have to laugh at yourself . . . :lol

I'm working on a project that I thought would be just perfect for an Edgerydoo (I wanted one anyway, forget that I've never been one who has an urge to edge anything, I just wanted one :D). I place the order - hmmmmm what size to get? :think What the heck, I've got some extra money from overtime and dog sitting, I'll get them all!!!:hook

I get a confirmation email from Edgerydoo, telling me they shipped it priority mail :yay - yippeee - can start even sooner - I get another email with tips and such, what type of fleece is best (apparently there is one brand that "self heals" and so the holes close themselves) - yea - yea - yea - :blush not important to me :blush - fleece is fleece.

I stop at HL on my way home last night and pick out some lovely blue fleece - perfect for some baby blankets - visions of fleece blankets edged in baby yarn from my stash dance in my mind - maybe I'll even join a bunch of 6" squares and make a "quilt" blanket . . . . :hook

I get home - unpack the Edgerydoo - breeze thru the instructional CD - yea - yea - yea - how hard can this be . I lay out the fleece, scoot the dogs out of the way and cut 4 nice size blankets. I"m humming to myself - how cool is this . . . I grab a cardboard block and set myself down to punching holes in one of the blankets - going great I tell myself - Still singing I sit down with my edging yarn, the hook that came with the Edgerydoo and prepare for a lovely evening of edging a blanket and watching Dancing with the Stars . . .

:eek:eek There are no holes!!!! They disappeared. Did I grab the wrong one? I quick go check - no - these don't have holes either . . . Sigh - well - I can sort of see where the holes should have been - - - I take the poker and poke a hole, insert hook, poke a hole, insert hook (continue halfway around the blanket) - hmmmmm this isn't working - looks awful - - - sigh - :( It's 9:00 now, Dancing with the Stars is over - I missed the whole thing - - - I fold up the fleece, pack up the poker and templates and shove them in the guestroom.

I guess I'll spend this evening marking out the holes with a washable felt tip - - - - and check the brand next time I buy some . . .fleece is not fleece - there is a difference!!! :blush

grannyjudy - I'd think it would work just fine for jeans - they don't self heal!!! It is a good quality product and the customer service is wonderful.

:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:laughroll:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

Thanks for the giggle...I just wish it didn't have to be at your expense! And truth be told, I would have done everything you did! That's why I enjoyed it so much!!! I'm hopeing to one day get one too...my mind races about things I could do with it!

~~Cheri~~

Crocus, Loved your story. I did the same thing and thought "Imust be doing something wrong". Never knew there were different types of fleece. Does anyone know how to tell the diffrence?

:rofl:rofl:rofl Sorry to laugh but thank you for the laughter I needed it. I did not know there were self healing fabric. Hugs

Boy am I glad I read your story cuz I wanted to get that as well and like you, I thought fleece was fleece. WOW! Ya learn something new everyday. Sorry you had to go thru that tho. I woulda been overwhelmed.

I have had the edgery doo for quite sometime and just recently took it out and I had the same trouble. My husband bought a piece of insulation when I first got the edgery doo for like 10.00 and guess what the holes dissappeared also. I thought the same thing, what happened to the holes. But it was because it was too soft. Guess what? This fleece is for a baby from walgreens, Nothing special paid $3.00 for 3. When you mentioned this happened I decided to try it again and see what's the problem so I called Marleen at Edgery Doo and she helped me figure out what the problem was. I actually didn't put the orange thingy and the tie on the awl and I asked my daughter's boyfriend who works at nissan as a mechanic if there was any cardboard boxes laying around and he said he would look. He brought them to my house in 2 long pieces, I start punching away, guess what? the holes didn't dissappear. :cheer:clap I was sooooo excited. So all you need is a cardboard box, with even some inexpensive fleece. So I finished one already and I already punched the holes on the second one and now I'm crocheting the edge. :yay

Carol:hook

Sometimes you just have to laugh at yourself . . . :lol

I'm working on a project that I thought would be just perfect for an Edgerydoo (I wanted one anyway, forget that I've never been one who has an urge to edge anything, I just wanted one :D). I place the order - hmmmmm what size to get? :think What the heck, I've got some extra money from overtime and dog sitting, I'll get them all!!!:hook

I get a confirmation email from Edgerydoo, telling me they shipped it priority mail :yay - yippeee - can start even sooner - I get another email with tips and such, what type of fleece is best (apparently there is one brand that "self heals" and so the holes close themselves) - yea - yea - yea - :blush not important to me :blush - fleece is fleece.

I stop at HL on my way home last night and pick out some lovely blue fleece - perfect for some baby blankets - visions of fleece blankets edged in baby yarn from my stash dance in my mind - maybe I'll even join a bunch of 6" squares and make a "quilt" blanket . . . . :hook

I get home - unpack the Edgerydoo - breeze thru the instructional CD - yea - yea - yea - how hard can this be . I lay out the fleece, scoot the dogs out of the way and cut 4 nice size blankets. I"m humming to myself - how cool is this . . . I grab a cardboard block and set myself down to punching holes in one of the blankets - going great I tell myself - Still singing I sit down with my edging yarn, the hook that came with the Edgerydoo and prepare for a lovely evening of edging a blanket and watching Dancing with the Stars . . .

:eek:eek There are no holes!!!! They disappeared. Did I grab the wrong one? I quick go check - no - these don't have holes either . . . Sigh - well - I can sort of see where the holes should have been - - - I take the poker and poke a hole, insert hook, poke a hole, insert hook (continue halfway around the blanket) - hmmmmm this isn't working - looks awful - - - sigh - :( It's 9:00 now, Dancing with the Stars is over - I missed the whole thing - - - I fold up the fleece, pack up the poker and templates and shove them in the guestroom.

I guess I'll spend this evening marking out the holes with a washable felt tip - - - - and check the brand next time I buy some . . .fleece is not fleece - there is a difference!!! :blush

Archived