2" plastic Rings - where are they?

HappyOldCro

I remember as a young woman buying in bulk 2" plastic rings to make cafe curtains. I decided to do some towel holders recently and for the life of me I cannot find 2" lucite rings anywhere. I have found tortoise ones and metal ones for a price that does not make using them for towel rings very economical. I had some metal ones left over from a macarame project that I did use, but the holder is very heavy when you use metal. I have found the plastic ones in 1" which is much too small. Where is everyone getting the 2" lucite rings from?

The woman in Joann's laughed at me and told me to try a hardware store.

Online Joann's had them only in tortoise for a price of 5.00 for 2. Other online options were auto repair parts, and I have no clue as to what type of O ring is similar to lucite. Even DH, who worked in some construction said he didn't know where I could find them.

So I am here, begging for help....

I got a brainstorm, after seeing something similar to what you wanted sold on eBay as a parrot toy. I googled further, and found a UK site, which of course sold them...but they were in millimeters. Sooo...I used the 50mm which would be 2" and...

http://cgi.ebay.com/5-Wrights-Boye-2-50mm-Cabone-plastic-Rings-new-packet_W0QQitemZ290197540157QQcmdZViewItem

this is what I found. Now, if its a Wrights item, or Boye, I wonder if you have a fabric store (if not Joann's) nearby that could stock them? I have the 1.5" ring markers for my knitting (Michaels or A.C. Moore), which is what prompted me to start looking! :lol I could not be deterred!

Or, you if the price is right for you, go eBay, hehe.

OH, and btw...the UK site? Free shipping to US if you ordered over $250 in US funds. They have crochet hooks, and fabric and....hehehe http://www.sewessential.co.uk/

It was a few months ago, but I purchased a couple of packages of these 2" rings (Wrights Item No. 7540-2) for $1.38 for 5 rings. I got them at Hobby Lobby. If you don't have a HL nearby, you could probably order them from their crafting supplies they ship via their internet site! Hope this helps?!

:yes:day:tup Thank you all so much, I figured if anyone would know you would. I did find one vender on ebay who sold them but they only take paypal, and I don't do paypal. and they were 1 5/8 or 1 1/2 inches, not 2. I just couldn't understand why there were so many patterns calling for 2 inch rings, yet no one sold them in plastic. I am going to try some of these right now.

Yes, I'm pretty sure I saw them in Walmart hanging back by the knitting needles. I would also go look in the shower curtain section and the bamboo window curtain section. There's got to be some somewhere for cheap. Check the dollar stores. I sure wouldn't pay any Ebay fortune for them. Have you got a Ben Franklin's store?

I checked out a few sites that were listed here, and then got the idea to just put the word "Wrights" in my search engine. Came up with a site called Crafts for Less, and there they were in every size including 2". There were bone ones and lucite ones (Boye and Wrights). The price was great, however the shipping wasn't. It still worked out to be OK at around 50 cents each, once the total was done. But you do have to buy in bulk. So I guess unless I can get to check out Walmart this week (don't have Hobby Lobby or Ben Franklins near me) I will be buying them.

I do appreciate all the advise, would have never found them otherwise. Will let you know what I find when I get to Wal Mart (ours has been scaling down on yarns, etc... and building up scrap booking).

Got to Walmart today. There were rings for sale where the hooks and needles are sold, but (surprise!!!) the 2" size was sold out. As I was walking away pouting, DH came scooting up in the electric cart, and ask what was wrong. I told him, and he responded with "can't you use those rings?" what rings and where? He led me to an end cap where the tassels and ropes are sold, and there they were, colored 2" plastic rings packaged in tubes, to be used to make belts!!! I grabed it up and left grinning from ear to ear. So thanks to you all I have found my rings, and know several places to get them.

Try the thrift store, it's surprising what you can find there. Zaraliz

There must be another crafter at our thrift store, cause they are always cleaned out, :D. But I stop by there often.

Archived