Plastic Tote Bag

happy stitcher

This is a tote bag I made out of plastic string called Dazzle Twine. I got it at Lowe's for 98 cents for a 200 yard ball. This bag used 6 balls of twine, but I have a lot of yellow and a little blue left. I used 4 whole balls of the salmon color.

Here's a link to a cat toy I made with the Dazzle Twine:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?p=1200667#post1200667

The twine is easy to crochet with, until you have to frog it. Then you'll spend a little time rolling it between your fingers to get the kinks out as you re-crochet with the same string. It kinks up for some reason after it's been frogged, but all you have to do is roll it a little to unkink it.

I'm really pleased with the results! It kind of looks like straw, but it's shiny. I used an H hook, and it's done in HDC stitches.

309171085.jpg

309171102.jpg

Looks great. My hubby is going to give me a VERY odd look when I request a trip to the hardware store, LOL In truth, it's one store I hate to go to. :P

Oh MY! That is really a SWEET little bag! Dazzle Twine, huh? I'll have to keep my eyes open for that stuff! That bag reminds me of the straw summer bags they sell in the stores! It's ADORABLE!

Archived