hate to even ask....

kittencrochet

With so many other comfortghans going on, I hate to even ask. I'm starting squares tomorrow myself, and if anyone wants to help me out, that would be great. I have 2 people that could really use one right now.

First off, my mom's friend just lost her son. He was working out of state and was due to come home in 2 weeks. He thought he had indigestian and went to the company nurse who also thought he had indigestian. He went to work and collapsed. By then they realized it was a heart attack and he died before they could get him to the hospital. He left behind a wife and 16 year old son. His mom is taking it pretty ruogh, and she's been a friend of the family for years. I really feel bad, and thought this was the least I could do to help her out.

The other is my uncle. He has a slew of medical problems...prostate cancer, heart condition, deteriorated disks, possible perforated ulcer and possible cerrhosis (sp?) of the liver. They cannot do surgery for the cancer or back because his heart isn't strong enough. He was hospitalized last week and spent 3 days in ICU. He had internal bleeding and was down a pint of blood. When they did a transfusion, he started to have a heart attack. We are now waiting to see how bad the cancer is and when he has to go in for an angioplasty. They also said that by the end of the year he will ost likely be confined to a wheelchair due to how badly his disks have deteriorated. It's a genetic thing apparently...my mother has degenerative disk disorder as well, but his is much worse. Right now the prognosis is not good. They are still running tests, but it has become more of a "let's make him comfortable because there's not much we can do" thing. Lately he's taken to looking at items his grandmother crocheted and telling us stories about them. My mom and I talked and both of us though a comfortghan would be wonderful for him. He's cold all the time now and this way he could wrap up in it and maybe gain some strength to fight this thinking about the fact that he matters and people care.

So if anyone can spare a few minutes, it would be greatly appreciated.

hi i am so sorry to hear about all of your family and friends troubles. hon what size and colors? i will try and make some for you:hug :hug thats sweet of you to want to help and i know they will appreciate it. let me know soon and i will get busy on it k :hug :hug vicki

I will gladly help with squares you need, just give us the info on what you would like to have. your uncle and family will be in my prayers. God bless you for caring.

Thanks so much! I was thinking 7" squares. For my uncle, any color and maybe edged in navy blue? And GG I was thinking neutral colors edged in cream? I really appreciate it and I know they will as well. A million thanks to you all!!!

I'd be happy to send you some 7" squares, I'll be able to mail some out this Friday, if thats ok. Can you please PM me your address or post it. :U

i'd love to help, is it ok to send any pattern of 7 in square?

(i'm new to this idea:blush)

:hug many hugs + prayers to all , esp for those who are ill.

• 2 weeks later...

:eek...

im sorry, i have been ill with stomach complications for the last week-

and i'm justr getting the squares out tomorrow,,,

:(

i apologise for the inconvenience + hope that you can still use them

xo

I missed a bunch of these posts myself...lol! I am so overwhelmed with stuff right now!! So anyone I didn't PM, I'm doing that now. Thanks guys! And a huge thank you to the people that I've already gotten some from...you guys are awesome!

I hear the stomach complications, I have a couple done, but am still working and will hopfully get them ready to send this weekend and send out Monday. Is that still oky doky?

Jessie

that's more than fine! And make sure you get rest! Everyone lately seems to be having stomach problems...me included. Ack! Gotta be the time of year or something!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I am new to Crochetville. The stories you told about this loss and your uncle's ill is very sad. I feel so badly you. I would love to make a some squares for the comfortghans. Where do I need to send them?

Betty in TN

If you love to crochet and would like to lend a helping hand for seriously ill children, cancer patients, elderly residents in nursing homes and needy families, please check out my crochet for charity group. We would love to have you.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HelpingHandsofTN/

Archived