toilet tissue/pattern added

coffeeandcrochet

I made this as a gag gift for my dsis. She is always running out of toilet tissue, now she will always have a "square to spare" (seinfield reference lol). I glued it to an actual cardboard roll to make it look more realistic. I think she will have a good chuckle.

Thanks for looking and have a great day!

(not sure why pics are so big, posted on another site and they were fine, does anyone know why this is? dd fixed it lol.

th_crochet08043.jpg

th_crochet08042.jpg

th_crochet08041.jpg

Well as usual I made it up as I went BUT this time I wrote it down lol

Here it is:

E hook

1. ch 18 (or to fit roll you are using)

2. sc 2ch from hook on across ch 1 Turn

3. sc for 17 more rows ch 1 at end of each row

4. Then you are ready to do row to create your perforation(to tear off a sheet lol)

5. perforation row: sc, ch1, sk 1, across. ch 1 turn

6. then sc on across just like before for 18 rows

7. then do your perforation row and so on until it is the length you want

thats it. As you can tell when make up a pattern, I keep it simple lol

Have a great day!

Thanks for adding the pattern!!! I have got to make this. As soon as I finish my secret swap I am going to make this. I just might have to work it in before that. It is just too good to miss out on. Thanks again!!!!!!!

LOL!!! Spare a square!!!!! I love Seinfeld!! Thanks for the pattern~ every time my sisters come over to visit we always seem to be out of toilet paper!!! I should leave the crocheted roll in the bathroom and see what they say!!!

Nathalie

hmm I may do that, great idea thanks. She just called me the other day, and had ran out again lol. trying to decide now what to put it in to give it to her.

• 1 month later...

"Is it two-ply? If it's two-ply I'll take one-ply!"

I love Seinfeld, I think it's so funny but I know people who can't stand it (I think there's something not right with them =) )

How long did you make the TP? It would be cool if you could do individual squares and just loosely join them so after you've had a good laugh you could take them apart and use them as dish cloths. Or make it really long so when you unroll it, it's a scarf.

Very creative use of yarn and I hope you and your sister have a good laugh

-Shannon

Archived