Hello from Canada Again!

ladymacy

Hi everybody :)

Looks like there are a few Canadians in the bunch! I love to crochet and my only complaint is that there are too many other things that need to be done that get in the way of my crocheting. I'm sure most of us here say the same thing! I've been crocheting for over 20 years now. I like doing simple projects without a lot of intricate pattern work. Crocheting is truly my "therapy". I'm in Waterloo, Ontario just west of Toronto about 1 hour.

Hi Cindy,

I live "up" in Ottawa, but absolutely love your part of the country!!!! Just thinking about it makes me drool! lol

We try to vacation down your way as much as possible, we love St. Jacobs, Anna Mae's (the Mennonite Restaurant, some where close to St. Jacobs, in a small village that I think starts with an "M").... see? I'm so excited about the place I can't remember stuff! AND of course there's the yarn factory!! (ok, I'm actually gushing now) how can you stand it!?!?!?!

Now I'm wondering if its too late to change our holiday plans, maybe we'll have to schedule a romantic weekend away in the fall.

Anyways, back to the topic, hello & welcome! :yay

Fran

HI Cindy,

Really I wonder if I'm not addicted, so thus the yarnaddic email name. I need to crochet for my peace of mind. I hide yarn all through the house. Finally I will never have enough hooks. I wish Michael's had their 40% more often. It helps give me some freedom from pain.

But my great grandparents came from Ireland. I have inherited the tatting equipment and I truly think it is in my blood. Well that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Mary

Keswick, Ontario

Welcome to an awesome board Cindy!! You'll enjoy it here and get a lot of great crochet sharing.

-another Canadian:yay

Hello from a fellow Canadian,

I've never been to Ontario, but I live in Central Alberta. Glad to see yet another fellow Canadian on the board.

Crocheted Monkey:cheer

Hi Cindy,

I can totally relate. I've been known to crochet until the wee hours of the morning! I've seen the sun come up while finishing the fringe on an afghan!

Sadie:yawn

:welcome Aboard, you will love it here. :clap

Never been to Canada, have always wanted to visit British Columbia, but will never have the extra money I don't guess. Is it as pretty there as they say it is? Glad that you have joined us, it is a very nice group here, I have loved it since I've joined, very glad that I found this place.

Thanks everyone for such a warm welcome.:) Miss Maggie, I live near Rim also, actually just behind Conestoga Mall. I love the area here - actually one of my favorite eating spots was mentioned earlier - Annie May's in Millbank. I moved here in 2000. I guess I'll have to learn how to use the digital camera and download my pics to the puter to share some of what I'm doing. Been making lots of shawls and ponchos lately. Mostly for everyone else though. When I do make something for me, I no sooner finish it than I find another pattern I think I'd like better. I'm sure most of you can relate!!:hook

Archived