Sugar 'n' Cream score at Michael's

Natasha

I was in Michael's last weekend and, although I am on a self-imposed yarn diet, I did break down and buy a ball of SnC in the Rosewood color scheme(browns, pinks). When I checked my receipt later, I was astounded to find that it rang up at a whopping 16 cents! :eek

I went back today and put the rest (six balls) of that colorway in my basket, because if it really was just 16 cents per ball, I wanted them. Before I checked out, I asked the cashier (whose name tag said she was a manager) to check the price. Sure enough, 16 cents. She was like, "Wow...that's cheap."

I said, "That doesn't sound like the right price," so she tried again and there it was.

I really expected her to say, "That's obviously a mistake...I'll have to double-check the correct price for you," but she said, "So, do you want all those?"

Of course, I said, "Sure!" :clap

Now, don't everybody give the people at Michael's a hard time if the Rosewood doesn't ring up at 16 cents at *your* store. I never would have argued with her had she not wanted to sell it to me at that price.

You might want to give them a sniff test. I thought I had scored with a bunch of Lion Brand Suede from my Michael's only to find out when I started to use it that it must have been a return because every single skein smelled of cat urine. Tried to wash it out ended up throwing it all away! I had about six skeins all trashed. :(

You might want to give them a sniff test. I thought I had scored with a bunch of Lion Brand Suede from my Michael's only to find out when I started to use it that it must have been a return because every single skein smelled of cat urine. Tried to wash it out ended up throwing it all away! I had about six skeins all trashed. :(

what a shame! I had some smokey smelly mouldy yarn and it washed out fine....if it was cat pee then I might have tried some of the spray available from vets to get the smell out! lets hope that never happens to you again. x:eek

Ugh! That's awful...sorry you got ripped off. Nope, these smell just fine, and they're so pretty, too.

A few weeks I got the same rosewood ombre at Michaels for 33 cents, but you got an even better bargain. Don't you love the thrill of a good sale? I can't help myself when I find a deal-- I rarely have a project planned to use it. I'm sure all of you folks have the same problem.

Natasha, what are you planning to do with yours? I have 30 skeins or so of 3 colors Michaels discontinued (brown, pink and rosewood) So other that a lot of dishcloths or market bags what do you suggest? Anyone?

Alice

I have seen an afghan made out of the sugar'n cream that was extremely beautiful and warm. Other than washcloths, dishcloths and pot holders, I guess you could try an afghan and see how it turns out.

Archived