Miss Stitches

shazzeth

Alright. This is a doll I've made for one of my best friends. There's no occasion...I just fancied experimenting with new techniques and yarns and ended up producing a doll, based on her. I've named her Miss Stitches because that's my friends nickname, and I thought it worked well...crochet...stitches... :) Oh, and excuse the large quantity of black and purple on the doll...Becky is a Goth, so I had to tie in Miss Stitches' look with hers :) All pictures are clickable!

th_missstitches2.png th_missstitches3.png th_missstitches4.png th_missstitches1.png

Right, for those who are unfamiliar with the Goth culture, I'll give you a crash course. Miss Sitches is wearing a black dress, black and purple striped tights, a purple and black scarf. Her eyes have been made up as close to Becky's style as I could get, using black thread. Her fringe is purple and cut into a triangle, like Becky's new style. The main hair isn't supposed to be real hair. Becky quite often wears hair falls - hair extensions tied in with lace. Miss Stitches' falls consist of at least five varieties of yarn, to give them texture and colour variations :) That's about it really...so don't be alarmed by the freakiness of the doll - it's intentional :lol I personally think she's absolutely beautiful, and by far the best thing I've made yet! I may write up a pattern at some point...of course, she doesn't have to be a Goth...you could turn her into anything...but in this case she is...and she's very fluffy :yes

Oh, and for reference...here is the beautiful lady I based her on.

Wow, She is amazing and adorable. And the perfect "likeness" of your friend. Please let us know her reaction when you give her the doll !!

Debby

I handed her over when I saw her this afternoon. Miss Stitches received a shriek, and then Becky went ape :lol :lol She immediately picked up on the fact that it was based on her, and loved the hair...really loved the hair. She actually bought me the purple feather yarn as a present a while back, so I thought it was only right to make her something with some of it :yarn But yes, I can confirm that the doll was a massive hit!

Thank you all so much for your kind comments. I've had an order for a couple more of these little ladies so I'll get to work on those at some point and post up the results. I can't believe how nice you've all been :hug

Oh, Siân, that is a great little doll! I love all the details you put into her.

Great work! :hook

Do make a pattern and sell it; she would be a massive hit with a lot of people!

Thank you :) In this case, the details were obviously personal :)

And you think? I didn't think she'd appeal to that many people, because like I said, she was a personal project, but judging by all of your comments I was wrong :think

Archived