Stockings ready for Christmas 2008!

jneuman88

I decided we needed new Christmas stockings for next year and decided not to wait until then to do it LOL! So I used a free pattern from Lion Brand's website:

http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/clc-stocking.html?noImages=0

and made these:

http://house-hill.blogspot.com/2008/01/crocheted-stockings.html

I'm so happy to have them done and ready for next Christmas! That's so unlike me LOL!

Well done! I am thinking about latchhooking a rug for my mum that is christmas themed...but havent gotten any further than thinking lol. Maybe this is the motivation I need!

Why wait till next year to try them out? You could always do a practice run!

The stockings look great. I like them much better than the picture on Lion's website. What types of yarn did you use?

Thanks, everyone! It does feel good to be ahead of the game LOL!

Lucy, I used Icelandic Jewels by Yarn Bee (Hobby Lobby's brand) ... they've been on sale several times throughout the year at 99 cents a skein and so I had bought a ton of it. I've made two ripple afghans for my girls and scarves for some of the ladies in my family with it, and still have a lot left! I really like working with it ... it's very soft and a bit bulky so it works up fast.

As for the colors, each of us gets our favorite for our stocking, though I might still add some letter beads to spell our names ... depends on if they'd get lost in the eyelash yarn. Oh, that reminds me ... the eyelash yarn I used is Yarn Bee Airy ... I really liked that, too. It's not the wispy, feathery stuff, so a bit easier to work with, and there's a little bit of shimmery thread in there so there's some sparkle which works so well on these. Now I'm trying to find other things to use it on ... I love it!

Thanks again, everyone, for your lovely comments! Quite a boost to the ego!:blush

Archived