My first and only thread crochet project

jneuman88

Seeing all the pretty thread crochet stuff here reminded me of my first and only thread crochet project that I did years ago. I made it for my mom and she has it hanging in her guest room still. Last year I finally thought to take pics of it and you've all inspired me to actually post them LOL! I put them on my blog because I'm not sure if they're too big to post here:

http://house-hill.blogspot.com/2008/01/my-first-thread-crochet-project.html

I don't know why I have never done another project ... it was so fun to do! Maybe someday I'll try another ....

oooOOOo pretty! Very adventurous for a 1st thread project. I really like the way fillet emerges as you work. Kinda like cross stitch does. I've only done 1 thread fillet piece and it was only 10" square. I didn't feel any where near as adventurous to try a whole sampler!

Thanks, everyone! Yes, it was a lot of work, but worth it. And, Alibra, yes, I did have it framed. It's in a frame that matches the ribbon woven around the edges, and backed with a slightly darker peach colored mat to show off the pattern. I'm honored that my mom has kept it hung up all these years!

Beautiful! I want to learn how to work with thread!

Sign up for the beginner's filet class through C'ville! Kathy is an awesome teacher and I've learned a LOT from her, so much so that I'm comfortable taking her advanced class.

Archived