crochet stitch markers

yvzp

:hookSo, I have been on the hunt for nice crochet stitch markers, and wasn't having much luck. I don't like the ones with the bar as those are a pain to get in and out of the stitch and the lobster claw one always seem to snag. I found some really nice ones and got them in the mail the other day. I love them. beautiful and they work great. I used them a bunch today. It is so nice to have good stitch markers:clap

http://hyenacart.com/onestore.php?vid=752&category=35

Those do look very pretty.

I just use the ones from clover brand. They mark my stitches and are easy to use.

I have both the little ones (orange and green) and the larger size (blue and yellow)

They work fine.

:manyheart

I make my own but I use the lobster claws,I haven't had any problems with them. But those 'fish-hook' style look interesting and you could use them as earrings as well. If you have pierced ears. I might have to try using the 'fish-hook' style as well,thanks for the idea! :)

Thanks for showing us this version of a stitch marker! I've made a few different types (using different hooks/clasps) as well as letter-beaded pins that let me know what hook I'm using for each project.

I like the hook on these and found some of these long hooks at Hobby Lobby last weekend. Now I just need to find the time to make up some of these stitch markers!

I sell stitch markers on Etsy, though currently they're all listed as knitting stitch markers. Quite frankly, crochet versions don't sell nearly as well. HOWEVER, I can make crochet markers like these http://www.etsy.com/view_transaction.php?transaction_id=5065995 in just about any of my knitting designs for the same price.

Just send me a PM here or contact me there and I'll happily work out a custom order.

I discovered a type of stitch marker that's great for those of us who do a lot of single crochet. My sister bought them at Joann's. They are small, round and slim. At one point on the circle, it's open with a point on one end, and the other end is a little bigger, almost like a tiny knob.

I found one of these will just slide into a stitch with pinpoint precision, then just twirl it a little to set it in place so the knob is up against the yarn. It stays put until I twirl it back out.

These are very smooth, with no catches. I think there's 24 in a small reclosable bag. The cost was $3 and change.

These are working superbly compared to what I've always used ~ small safety pins ~ or pop open, clasped, or hinged types that take manipulation and are often too thick and heavy for single crochet work. These little circular ones just glide right in.

• 2 weeks later...

RealDeal, that sounds like the sort I use also. I find them really easy to put in/take out, they stay in place, I can use different colours as indicators of where to start or stop etc. I love them! I use them on any stitch at all, just slide them onto a loop of the stitch and off you go!

Archived