Red & Beige Tote Bag/Purse

Tia

I made this for my mil for Christmas. It has a pocket on the inside.

Just in case you can't tell its size, it's about 13 in. wide.

It was made with three strands of yarn at once.

RedBeigeToteforSue.jpg

I love your tote, did you use a particular pattern? I made a scarf using three strands of yarn and love the way it turned out. I have three totes already on my to-do list, and need to add this one. Thanks for sharing.

That's really pretty. I'm wondering if you still need to line it if you use 3 strands of yarn??

Debby

Thank you, Debby...

No, it's quite stiff actually, I didn't have to line it, nor did the pattern call for a lining. It was one of those free pattern leaflets by RH for a tote bag and matching scarf.

I decided to put on a crochet flower instead of doing the ruffled edging from the pattern. To add the pocket I just crocheted a square of the red (one strand in sc) and sewed it on before sewing the bag together. I also decided to add that big button to keep the bag from flopping open. Also, I didn't do the front and back as separate pieces but just kept crocheting until I had a large rectangle that when folder in half made a good sized bag.

It was really easy and did up in about 6-7 hours. I made a total of six of these in different colors for Christmas gifts. Maybe I'll post more pics later. I used all different colors and weights of yarn, just making sure that the colors coordinated and I picked an appropriate size hook...I'd do a couple rows and decide if I liked it and if not change yarn or hook size...mostly used P.

I haven't tried the scarf yet. But would love to...I'm curious as to what makes it curl like that.

Thanks for all the compliments! I promised more pics...

MarysToteBag.jpg

DebbiesToteBag.jpg

SusansToteBag.jpg

KittysToteBag.jpg

I loved varying the colors like I mentioned earlier, but I also varied the sizes...some wider, some taller...and each flower is different. Sorry now that I didn't take close-ups of them.

Oh I just love the purple one, but they are all beautiful and as long as you don't have to line it, I think I will definitely try one of these. Thank you so much for sharing the instructions with us.

Debby

Thanks Debby...This one was all Homespun...one strand each of Plum, Nouveau and Baroque. You can see the individual colors if you look closely at the flower.

Archived