2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

Whoo! I was doing pretty well and then took a class last week and ended up with some yarn (-1), and then bought more yarn to finish a couple projects (-4), so I'm less close to zero than I was before.

Oh well, at least the class was fun. :) And the yarn is pretty. :c9

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's going to be a good week. I cranked through 3 hats and a small bag this weekend. (I had to post Friday, so I am counting from Saturday on this week). That puts me at +3, and I am getting close to finishing off another skein on the afghan I am working on in the eves. Yeah me. I will dig out of the hole, I think I can, I think I can, I think I can....

Well I have been going through my stash trying to figure out what I can use up. I have been working on a cute little puppy blanket and using a cone so even when i finish it it won't give me any points :(. I am going to be making a quiltghan and that will use up quite a lot of my balls but I need to go and get the buff color for it, I am afraid that will put me in the negative. So I am going to put that off for a minute lol (we shall see how that goes). Start it with the cute colors and build it up that way. Also I am going to be using up scraps for the Greek Games. Then of course I am going to have to go get some skeins of a joining color. The holes we dig. lol

Goodnight,

Krystal I love your gumby avatar and can't believe your last yarn buying date was in June!!!! WOW!!!

I finished 2 skeins on projects +5 WTD

I'm pretty sure that using up a cone will give you 2 points, just like using up a skein. :)

Well I have been going through my stash trying to figure out what I can use up. I have been working on a cute little puppy blanket and using a cone so even when i finish it it won't give me any points :(. I am going to be making a quiltghan and that will use up quite a lot of my balls but I need to go and get the buff color for it, I am afraid that will put me in the negative. So I am going to put that off for a minute lol (we shall see how that goes). Start it with the cute colors and build it up that way. Also I am going to be using up scraps for the Greek Games. Then of course I am going to have to go get some skeins of a joining color. The holes we dig. lol

Goodnight,

21:

51yd ball-camouflage

2.5oz skein-camo

+3

I was in a "camo" mood & made a Can Cozy,Flapper Hat & Sedona Hat!:hook

What are those hats? They sound interesting. Can I get patterns? I'm thinking of trying a hat next.

So far this week I used 2 balls on charity squares (+2).

WTD Score: + 2

Ellie 13

I am not at my computer on the weekends, so I'll just start posting on Fridays. This week I won't be at my computer on Friday (going to the fair!). I don't think I'll finish anything off tomorrow, so here' where I am:

WTD: +2 (two balls of teal)

YTD: -9

Marzee

Krystal,

Thanks for the advice! :hug I'm obviously new at posting my stash busting. Maybe others will see this and learn, too.

:yarn

Marzee

A very dear friend from here sent me FOUR new skeins of ILTY, as she learned we don't have HL here so I'd never seen ILTY before! How sweet is that??? I must admit now I understand why everyone, well, loves this yarn LOL! It is SO soft and the skeins are huge! It's probably a good thing there's no HL nearby. I'd be in debt buying this yarn! -8

I did use up a RHSS skein 2 nights ago working on DH's triple-strand afghan for +2.

-6 total for now

Well, I cleaned and sorted my ENTIRE stash (it is very large) and all the skeins that were half-used and falling apart, I wound into balls. It got me some serious points to add.. I am VERY happy! I still have a ton of yarn, though. And no, I can't sell a single ounce of it! It's like a PART of me! :lol

+22

Well that skein I thought I would finish off the other day turned out to still have a small ball left so I'm adding back in -1 for that ball. :(

Okay I know I have not posted on this CAL in quite some time :blush

But I think I had a very good reason :(

I did not want to count the skeins of yarn I purchased because I was unsure if I would be sending them to my secret pal :huh

Then I went and found some great buys at Joanns and Michaels yesterday.... so with all that said and done my total this week is

-56 and it might grow larger...I need to pick up some wool for a project I am in the middle of and one to come at the beginning of August ;):wink

My new motto :ohdear

Welcome back Kelly here is a hook :hook and some yarn :yarn

Now get to Bustin :kick

I too have not posted here in ages - but I haven't busted anything in ages. I'm making saltines and they dont use much yarn. inally I have some points to report: one skein busted (+2), three skeins rolled into balls (+3) and four skeins gifted (+8) for a grand total of +13 (so far - I plan to see if I can get through a bit more and roll a few more skeins into balls)

What are those hats? They sound interesting. Can I get patterns? I'm thinking of trying a hat next.

So far this week I used 2 balls on charity squares (+2).

WTD Score: + 2

Ellie 13

Check my website!

I started making smillie squares for an afghan. 1 ball gone (+1). 2 skeins 1/2 gone, should be gone or rolled down by Sat. I'm going to a concert Sat. night. I'll :crocheting squares on the trains to/from Boston. I might get to post more points in the morning, before I leave.

WTD Score: + 3

Ellie 13

Archived