2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

We're going to an early-early matinee of Indiana Jones, so I should have some crochet time left in the day when we return.

I got about 5 rows done on my new buttercup afghan. It's one I made before, but it's pretty easy once it gets going.

I hope everyone has a good Memorial Day holiday.

:manyheart

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I busted another skein this morning.

That puts me at +12.

Hopefully I will stay in the positive this week.

I just found 9 skeins of yarn while trying to pack up a few things for the move that I had forgotten about :hook

Must resist buying yarn..must resist, must resist :lol:lol

I do apologize lpgeorge123 I have edited to reflect the change. It doesn't change any of the awards. I had you on the draft, but somehow missed it when going to the final list. It won't happen again.

Thank you Mel, for noting that the scores do need to be in color in large print. When one is reading through dozens of posts and trying to pick out the correct figures, after awhile it gets pretty blurry and you have to keep checking back and forth to make sure you have the right figures.

Krystal, you were terrific for doing it, it is harder than it looks and very time consuming.

Well, used up a skein of off-white and turned a skein of autumn red into a ball for an additional +3 so far...

The bad part is that I know I'll be at Walmart later this week buying more yarn for the afghan. :crocheting I think it might be a while till I see positive WTDs again! :blush

I do apologize lpgeorge123 I have edited to reflect the change. It doesn't change any of the awards. I had you on the draft, but somehow missed it when going to the final list. It won't happen again.

Thank you Mel, for noting that the scores do need to be in color in large print. When one is reading through dozens of posts and trying to pick out the correct figures, after awhile it gets pretty blurry and you have to keep checking back and forth to make sure you have the right figures.

Krystal, you were terrific for doing it, it is harder than it looks and very time consuming.

Awesome. I can't imagine doing the tallies is a whole lot of fun. Thanks!

I guess that's why mine got missed, too, but it's not a big deal since I was in the negative any way. I'll make sure that I post mine in big, bold, colored fonts from now on.

What about for those of us that for whatever reason can't get on to post on Saturday, but posted on Friday? Do you go back and check those, too?

Just a thought, but would it help to start a new thread each week for our counts? It might make it easier to keep up with.

Just a thought, but would it help to start a new thread each week for our counts? It might make it easier to keep up with.

It is a good idea, but that would be tough to do.

Who would start the thread each week? It would have to be one person so there aren't multiple threads started. What if that person isn't online to start it?

What day would it be started?

What about the people that only post on Saturday to post their score? They may not know to go to a different thread.

What if you have to post early due to not being online?

I think this has been discussed before and the conclusion was that it would be too confusing due to the fact that there would probably be scores posted in different threads. That is why it is recommended to post your score in big letters and numbers so it stands out like is shown on the first page explaining the rules.

I forgot to post what I originally came here for :lol:lol

I busted another skein of cotton. Hilly needed a new washcloth since she already took ALL her washcloths to the new apt., and we were too tired (and lazy) to go get them.

Now she is eyeballing a new skein of cotton.

That puts me at +14.

It is a good idea, but that would be tough to do.

Who would start the thread each week? It would have to be one person so there aren't multiple threads started. What if that person isn't online to start it?

What day would it be started?

What about the people that only post on Saturday to post their score? They may not know to go to a different thread.

What if you have to post early due to not being online?

I think this has been discussed before and the conclusion was that it would be too confusing due to the fact that there would probably be scores posted in different threads. That is why it is recommended to post your score in big letters and numbers so it stands out like is shown on the first page explaining the rules.

Like I said just a thought I'd had. No biggie either way to me. I was just thinking that it might be easier to make sure that people don't get missed in the end of the week count since sometimes getting on to post before the deadline might be difficult at times.

Well, I busted 3 skiens today, used 1/2 of another, and then rolled 3 more scraps from my frogged attempts into balls; and I was given 1 skien so I'm adding +8 to my score for the week, which puts me at: WTD +12

I've done so good this week, but it's not meant to continue. :blush

My DSIL found 6 BRAND NEW skiens of yard at a yard sale for me for $.25/each!!!! How could I say no? :think:yay:clap

So -12 for, which makes my score -3. :blush Oh, well!

Sorry Sahm, this was the last post I found of yours (May 23) before doing the final of the 5/24 week ending. Your siggy showed +12 for the week (the figure in your siggy line changes all the way back when you edit it so I don't know what it originally showed) and your text had a -12 for ???? and a -3. I did not know you wanted these figures in the final or which one to use as they were not in bold or colored lettering.

I finished Nancy's rug last night. I used 1 full skein and 1 partial, so that puts me up to +17 :eek

I have enough yarn left over to make her a matching smaller rug. Yep, I always overbuy my yarn.

Sorry Sahm, this was the last post I found of yours (May 23) before doing the final of the 5/24 week ending. Your siggy showed +12 for the week (the figure in your siggy line changes all the way back when you edit it so I don't know what it originally showed) and your text had a -12 for ???? and a -3. I did not know you wanted these figures in the final or which one to use as they were not in bold or colored lettering.

Don't worry about it. I left out the word "today" in that one line. The reason it was not in bold was (1) I didn't know to do that and (2) some things came up on Saturday where I did not get back online that night to post that it was my final score for the week. It's my fault. Like I said, no biggie. I'm not worried about it. I'll make sure that everything is in bold from now on. :yes

Steph (and everyone else), you only need to post your final total for the week in big bold print. If everyone posts every update big and boldly, that will make it confusing for the score poster, since they look for the bold print for the week ending totals.

HTH

I sure don't envy the job of posting scores, so I applaud all that do it :clap :clap :nworthy :nworthy

I finally got some crocheting done. I made a throw (which is probably destined for PL unless I find another use for it) and used some of my stash.. yeah!!

I used 4 1/2 skeins, so I think that makes me at 9 points so far this week.

OOPS.. looking at the throw I finished, I realized I actually used another partial skein.. so make that 10 pts.

Honestly, I know this is being mean, but it takes SO LONG to hunt for everyone's squares that I only skimmed every post looking for big and bold scores. If you didn't do that with your scores, it got ignored completely. When I did it, I would go back until Thursday evening to make sure no on posted their WTDs back that far.

HappyOldCro should not have to sit and actually read over 150 posts from one week to the next to see if someone posted their scores. If people want their scores counted, they have to put them in the correct format at the correct time. She's doing this for the fun of it, so it shouldn't be a misery.

Honestly, I know this is being mean, but it takes SO LONG to hunt for everyone's squares that I only skimmed every post looking for big and bold scores. If you didn't do that with your scores, it got ignored completely. When I did it, I would go back until Thursday evening to make sure no on posted their WTDs back that far.

HappyOldCro should not have to sit and actually read over 150 posts from one week to the next to see if someone posted their scores. If people want their scores counted, they have to put them in the correct format at the correct time. She's doing this for the fun of it, so it shouldn't be a misery.

My point exactly.

But since I have never posted scores, I couldn't say it like you did. I was just trying to help it go as smooth as possible for everyone, but most importantly for the ones that keep score for us.

Not mean at all. I did not mean to start any trouble. I was just trying to make sure that I understand the rules better. I was not trying to start any trouble at all. That was the last thing I wanted to do. I did not expect anyone to sit and go through 100s of posts. I know how hard it is to make sure that you have everyone (BTDT before), and I commend you for your hard work and effort. I apologize for any trouble that I may have inadvertantly caused. :( I was just trying to understand the rules better. I'm sorry.

I think I'll just bow out of this CAL. It's evident that I don't quite understand the rules.

Not mean at all. I did not mean to start any trouble. I was just trying to make sure that I understand the rules better. I was not trying to start any trouble at all. That was the last thing I wanted to do. I did not expect anyone to sit and go through 100s of posts. I know how hard it is to make sure that you have everyone (BTDT before), and I commend you for your hard work and effort. I apologize for any trouble that I may have inadvertantly caused. :( I was just trying to understand the rules better. I'm sorry.

I think I'll just back out of this CAL. It's evident that I don't quite understand the rules.

Please don't back out.

Just go read the first post and the first few pages. There are lots of posts that explain most questions.

Please don't back out.

Just go read the first post and the first few pages. There are lots of posts that explain most questions.

I did read, but I guess I just did not understand it all. I'll think about. I just don't want to cause any trouble. I love this board and that's the last thing I want to do.

Archived