A new kid on the block....new site

For those of us who keep track of sites that offer good information about crochet, we have a new site worth adding

http://www.mypicot.com/symter01.html

Again, I found this through Rachel's Saturday update.

This site has good information on reading charts. It has the symbols for US/UK terms and instructions for how to follow diagrams in crochet.

Just another wonderful bookmark :dreaming

There are neat patterns, stitches and motifs as well but this diagram info is becoming more important as we NA's learn to work from charts.

:manyheartThank you Rachel:manyheart

I'm glad you posted this to share with everyone, I just got through drooling over all the beautiful stitch patterns, edgings, filet charts and motifs. Also irish-type flower and leaves, some of which I'd never seen before. (I'm also a Saturday-morning CPC'er!)

I'm glad you posted this to share with everyone, I just got through drooling over all the beautiful stitch patterns, edgings, filet charts and motifs. Also irish-type flower and leaves, some of which I'd never seen before. (I'm also a Saturday-morning CPC'er!)

I'm surprised my keyboard still works after all the :drool from looking at those stitch patterns.

I have half promised myself that I am going to make an afghan from a really pretty stitch pattern this year and some of those are at the top of the short list now. :drool

Thank you!

Seems like I'm always running across some patterns that use symbols and they might as well be in Martian! This should help when I decide to tackle one of these patterns!

This is a fantastic site, maybe I'll finally learn how to read patterns with symbols. Thanks for sharing it. I don't mean to sound stupid, but what is "Rachel's Saturday Update?"..Thanks.

Katie:hook

This is a fantastic site, maybe I'll finally learn how to read patterns with symbols. Thanks for sharing it. I don't mean to sound stupid, but what is "Rachel's Saturday Update?"..Thanks.

Katie:hook

Every Saturday, I go to Crochet Pattern Central to see what Rachel has found for us during the week. If you go to the index page and check down at the bottom it says...

See what's new at Crochet Pattern Central.

I click on the "new" and go to the page that lists this week and a few others as well. :dreaming

She does an update on Wed. as well but I have made it my Saturday tradition.

WOW! Beautiful stitch patterns! Now if I can just figure out how to follow the diagrams. Thank you so much for sharing this site, I have bookmarked it. I had to drool over the lovely motifs and everything else. Wonderful information, too.

Archived