Hippie Hat Pattern

natalie058

I've been making mine with recycled cotton yarn... My guess is they are all various worsted weights, I've made three so far in anywhere from 4-7 ply... But the weight must be similar because they have all been within a 1/2 in in size of each other using an H hook...

I think Sugar N Cream would be pretty close in weight...

Is it not working out in acrylic ww?? :think

• 4 weeks later...

Well I made your hat. I had to up to a G+/7 hook as I was really struggling with a G and went for an I for the brim. I also had to skip the decreases down to 63 sts as at 72 I was struggling to get it on. I used a cotton just a bit on the light side of ww. My hat is not slouchy like yours at all. I think you must be a loose crocheter because I have short hair and mine is still tight. I love the pattern though. My husband thought it was really nice too. I have to say that I think if I blocked it I could get it to fit better. I found your pattern very well written too.

Rachel

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

try clicking on the original link , copy the link from the url/address bar

google web archive/ way back machine

paste original link address in the search box

this brings up a list of archive dates of sites pages

the last three dates brought up the pattern for me:ccompute

I couldnt open the link for the hippie hat pattern.. I tried several times even opening the Jan 2005 on the side of the blog page.. Could you please send me a copy of this pattern. I would love to make some of these for the kids. Thank you so very much.

Nanasharp

Charlene

c_a_sharp@hotmail.com

Archived