Searching For this....... Butterfly Kisses Afghan

Bejae_60

Question

16 answers to this question

Ok, I worked up THIS pattern just now and it looks pretty close to the butterfly in her pattern. Just do it with baby yarn and I used a size G hook. Instead of the covered wire, I used a dark contrasting colored yarn, wrapping it around the body several times. I didn't do antenna but doggone if it doesn't look adorable!

That with the simple granny squares and after searching, the joining method appears to be "Fishnet Stitch". I don't have a clue about the border. That's a stitch I'm not sure I've seen before, but edgings are easy to find with a simple search to find either one like it or one you like better.

Good luck getting the pattern!

I e-mailed her about the pattern. She says its her own design she designed it for her daughter. Your right about the shipping. Why would you pay for e-mail? I think she would sell more if she did it as a buy it now item, as long as the price wasn't too high.

Hmm, to my eyes it looks like a very simple pattern. Looks like simple granny squares chain stitched together and I'm sure with a little trial and error the butterflies could be made without too much trouble. I love the pattern, but I cannot personally see spending that kind of money on one pattern!

P.S. I don't like her charges either. Why should I pay any shipping whatsoever if she's e-mailing me the pattern? Her description says if using e-mail for delivery reduce the shipping by 75 cents. Since shipping is $1.50, what's the other 75 cents for? Just wondering... I love the pattern, but wow, the extra little charges some ebayers tack on are not neccessary!

I found a pattern that looks to have the same blocks here ( the color is different but it looks like the butterfly block is used)

http://www.coatsandclark.com/Crafts/Crochet/Projects/AfghansThrows/LW1496+Crochet+Butterfly+Afghan.htm

The butterflies on this one are separate and I bet you could use it to make something similar if you wanted...

Or even find some butterflies from Crochet Pattern Central and use those.

or All-in-One Butterfly Granny Square here. This one looks pretty nice.

did you find your pattern. i think it is so beautiful. i have looked thru all my patterns and i don't have it. i didn't think i did before i looked because i usually can remember if i have a pattern. i have hundreds but for some reason usually i know i have them or a similar one. good luck

I like that, too! It's beautiful!

I sent a question to the eBay seller asking about it.

I found this link online with several copies of the book for sale (if it's the right one):

http://www.alibris.com/booksearch?qwork=155261&matches=4&author=Needlecraft+Shop+LLC&browse=1&cm_re=works*listing*title

Amazon.com also has it for sale from their independent sellers.

If I get a response from the eBay person saying that's the correct pattern, I'll post back so everybody will know.

That's a great pattern! Thanks for pointing it out! :hook

There is a listing in this book on ebay. Not sure if it is the same one since there is no pic. I have the book and I can check it when I get home from work.(hopefully I will remember!):P

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-CROCHET-AFGHAN-ROMANCE-55-IDEAS-160P-HB_W0QQitemZ310009614065QQihZ021QQcategoryZ11797QQcmdZViewItem

Archived