Wow! A giant carrot!

MadCityCrochet

I finished a carrot-shaped plastic bagholder as a gift for my MIL for Christmas. Actually, I made 2....the first one disappeared and I have NO idea where it went....still hoping it will turn up but I am not holding my breath. Hope some one some where is enjoying it! The picture below is of the replacement one that I finished at 1:30 this morning.

Carrot Bagholder

The pattern is from an Annie's Attic book called "Garden Fresh Bagholders" and the designer is Tara Suprenant. It was very easy to work up and took about 4 hours total. I will be making another one out of that book for me (some day) that looks like a pot of sunflowers.

Sara

Hey, I like that! I wonder if I could make it with some orange Sinfonia I wish I had never bought, plus I have some orange multi in Ticker Tape. I once made two sets of veggie bags with thread in filet crochet. There was a "TATERS" bag, an "ONIONS" bag and a carrot bag. The carrot bag didn't have the word on it...just a couple of small stuffed carrots at the top where the drawstring tied. These are from a very old pattern in a 1970s Good Housekeeping magazine....still have it, too!

Archived