I should have know better.......

I'm 62 years old ......... old enough to know better. Someone asked me to make a tissue box cover and it's been a hassel beyond belief. It's a dear, dear, friend & I could have said no :2nonowithout any bad feelings but OOOOHHHH NOOOOOO, I said yes and now :bang:thair:irk:rant:grumpy ......... I'm sooooo sorry that I got myself into this situation. I had to make a special trip to buy this color of yarn, the box is flat and oddly shaped (causing me to frog it many times until I got it right), the tissue doesn't pop up (making it difficult to crochet around the BIG hole) and the flowers/colors choosen are hiddeous, in my opinion. I'd be ashamed to tell anyone I made it (it has no razzle-dazzle). Now the leaves are too dark ........ could I make them a lighter shade .......... :thair

The worst part ....... I'm doing if for free. I may get a couple of bucks for the yarn -------- but I'd do it for nothing if it was hassel free.

This is how it looks with the darker leaves. I'll be chaning them tonight.

Thanks for letting me rant .........

tbcknk5.jpg

So Sorry your offer to do something has turned into a nightmare. It is so hard to say no to a dear friend, but perhaps you might mention what a hassle this has turned into.

I know, easier said than done, but you shouldn't allow yourself to be stressed over doing a favor. Sending hugs to cheer you up....:hug:hug:hug

Ok... what am I missing? Are you a new crocheter? We offer lots of help in the Crochet Help section if you do something like this again :hug

it looks very nice to me- what a great purple colour. :dreaming

But then I love anything floral and 3D flowers make my heart go :bheart

I think your tissue box cover looks quite nice!! I really like the color!! Sorry to hear you're having problems with the tissue box. (I find when friends ask for something homemade, they can be the pickiest people on earth compared to strangers that will be happy with whatever you make them!!) Anyway goodluck!! (Been that I live about an hours drive to Henderson, I could bring over a bottle of wine!!:lol:))cept, I don't know how far you are from Henderson!!:think

I think it looks fine, the colors were her choice not yours so if she doesn't like it she has no one to blame but herself. When people ask me to make something I just tell them to pick up the yarn...saves a lot of time and aggravation.

Archived