Groove-Along

JulieKay

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Clare for answerin my questions :ty

O and the pics are great, i like all the colors you've used!!

I wanna go shopping to get more yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn

Gonna check out the $$Tree, Walmart here doesn't have a good selection.

I wanna get started on my Groovy Bag...

Clare you have me hooked. I started the drum afghan and Im going to use only scraps for this.

Oopppps, what have i started :lol it is a VERY quick project :cheer

Thanks Clare for answerin my questions :ty

O and the pics are great, i like all the colors you've used!!

I wanna go shopping to get more yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn

no probs :) its a simple project and very colourfull too ....maybe it fits in this CAL :think

Clare I have done about 13 rows now on the drum afghan. It goes pretty quick doesnt it.

WOW !! Some one stop Aussie, she is crocheting up a storm :clap yes it works up very fast because it is the granny pattern, not as many stitches :woo

Do you think that this could become a CAL? If anyone is interested ill start one ...or are we all in to many CALS already ?? is there such a thing as too many CAL's :rofl

Do you think that this could become a CAL? If anyone is interested ill start one ...or are we all in to many CALS already ?? is there such a thing as too many CAL's :rofl

There are never too many CALs!

BTW: how many chains to start...or just wing it?

Judy I did 31 chains with 10 shells and Im doing 10 rows per color, but you can make it as wide as you want. I followed the link the Clare put up to start it off and its pretty easy going.

Clare we can never have too many cals. What is this project called anyway, I have been calling it a drum afghan from your story.

BTW: how many chains to start...or just wing it?

because i made less shells to make 7 shell stitches across i think i chained 22 ..... i forgot to write it down!!! silly me :oops

test it by chaining 22 and then just do the first row of the pattern ...let me know if it is different amount of chains :)

Where's Clare's link:think

http://crochet.about.com/library/weekly/aa062703.htm

Judy I did 31 chains with 10 shells and Im doing 10 rows per color, but you can make it as wide as you want. I followed the link the Clare put up to start it off and its pretty easy going.

What is this project called anyway, I have been calling it a drum afghan from your story.

i have no idea what it is called :rofl ....but someone a few post back asked about my "drum" afghan so thats what i have been calling it :hook

Clare I think the Drum Afghan is a great name for it.

It will be interesting to see how much of my scrap yarn I can get rid of with making this.

I showed my girls what Im doing and said I will make 2 ghans one with a dark purple border for Kelly and one with a bright pink border for Emma. Do you know what Kelly said " sure Mum I will believe it when I see it". She has no faith in me, dont I always finish things. Then she says "well what about our footy pillows that are hiding under the table here not finished yet". Well I didnt have an answer to that.:lol

judianne - i have just noticed the lastline in your signature :rofl classic...i think many people can relate to that !

:lol

I am. I even tried the flylady thing, on the yahoo group and even here with members... well...

I did that stained glass and it hardly used any yarn, I couldn't believe it.

Maybe I had too much:blush. The only thing that did take a lot of yarn was a 3SUB, But doing 2 of the drum/stained glass afghan it might take more yarn.

Babette blanket update: I'm going to do a 12 round square to measure it out to see the size of the entire blanket, just because I want to know. One thing I learned: it does take a long time to do these! So whoever suggested doing these first so we don't lose interest, that was a good idea. But I think I'll just do them as they come along.

Debbi

I did the 22 ch and it came to 7 clusters...seems like a good size for me, esp since I'll be putting a border on it.

And yup - decluttering is the name of the game this year. Living in the same house for 31 years...what a pack rat I am...:blush

**....just had to get my internet connection back...what a pain...

~~And I just heard from Kathy (losingmymind2) in NC. She's very busy but said to say she misses everyone. Between getting her family ship shape again and her school work she isn't able to go online at the 'ville as much as she'd like to.

Here is my Babette so far. It has gone very quickly. It now measures 46"x41" and I just have panels 9 and 10 to go. Picture is clickable.

th_P1030085.jpg

WOW!! Looks like the old TV test pattern...which only we of "a certain age" remember:blush

Perfect:clap

Archived