Groove-Along

JulieKay

What a find, Clare!

I say you use that drum to store some of your yarn stash! :lol

But really, an old, thinner pillow will work for the drum as well.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here are my squares 12-1, 6-7 and 6-8! I'm surprised....I'm really enjoying doing this blanket....I thought it would be boring, but it's not! :cheer

th_squares12-16-76-8.jpg

Here are my squares 12-1, 6-7 and 6-8! I'm surprised....I'm really enjoying doing this blanket....I thought it would be boring, but it's not! :cheer

th_squares12-16-76-8.jpg

I love the color combinations you're using!! Can't wait to see the finished blanket!

Kim

hello

pochie

the squares looks very pretty :)

i`m not working on mine busy with house work and the prairie star afghan

by the way

how big is everyone will make her babette?? i really don`t know how big i want it :think

hello

how big is everyone will make her babette?? i really don`t know how big i want it :think

I was gong to ask that. I just did some 6 round squares and they're almost 9 inches. Just one is 9 inches. I was thinking of leaving off panel 9 and 10, but not sure if I want to or will or should:think

So how big is everyone's blanket starting to be? And if anyone has done one, how big was yours?

Thanks.

Debbi

I think I might be okay on size. I made a copy of the diagram. I then measured the 6 round one is 8.5. Using that square I measured the other rounds. The 4 round 5.5. The 2 is 3". Just guessing that the 8 round will be 10 inches, the 10 round approximately 11.5, the 12 rounds approximately 13 inches...

I figured approximately 68.5 x 71". Big but not too big. Maybe I'll do the 12 round one just to make sure. This of course is my sizing with my guage. Yours may be different.

For everone else: That's a good way to figure it out. Make a 12 round square, then using that measure the other size squares. That's how I figured out the others, from the 6".... then just add up the inches.

Debbi

Clare, on your "drum" afghan, I have a question...how do you get the border to be a different color than the blocks? Do you stitch it after you finish your strip?

:hi

i am making a blanket for myself and going from the original drum ghan

you make the strips in different colours ( i have changed colour every 8 rows)

then i have bordered each strip in black

then after i have made all the strips and bordered them in black, i have only made 2 strips:)

you can join/sew them together and then put on a border:hook

Clare I was wondering how you did the border. I think I might make one of these using all my scraps.

:hi aussie

all i have done so far is make 2 panels and then i have bordered each panel in a granny type stitch

then i plan on joining the panels

then add a border in the granny stitch

Do you want photos of what i have done so far to give you a idea????

Good Morning Wendy,

Waiting on DN to get ready. I'm on my way out the door to work. I get off at 5 and I'm off tomorrow.:cheer

Have a good day/night Wendy. Will check in later. It's hard to get the computer since my sister is in to getting coupons and this big saving kick.

now you have to excuse the cruddy quality because i have taken them inside at 10.40pm :sigh

but Aussie was getting impatient :lol just kidding ;)

here is the Drum blanket (you will know what i mean if you have read the previous post about the drum story )

i am using this pattern only i have made it 7 shells across instead of 10

http://crochet.about.com/library/weekly/aa062703.htm

this is what you do

make strip changing colors every 8 rows or so ( just join on next colour and continue dont make squares seperalty)

border the strip with colour of your choice i used black

IMG_2534.jpg

border in next pic (if you make granny squares or blankets you already know this border)

IMG_2539.jpg

IMG_2535.jpg

sew strips together ( just pretend that i have sewn them together in the next :photo )

IMG_2540.jpg

add border

and i think that is about it :)

Clare impatient is my middle name:lol. It looks fantastic and thanks for all the pics. Are you just using scraps from your stash and are you doing the colors randomly or just making sure that the same color doesnt end up next to one another in the next strip.

Clare impatient is my middle name:lol. It looks fantastic and thanks for all the pics. Are you just using scraps from your stash and are you doing the colors randomly or just making sure that the same color doesnt end up next to one another in the next strip.

WE HAVE THE SAME MIDDDLE NAME!!!!:rofl whats the odds !

:yes i am just using yarn from my stash ....some are new balls some is left overs from other projects

the colours are very random just as i pick them up, just as long as two colours arnt together and the plan is not to have two colours next to each other .....but i have that many different colours i dont think it will be a problem :lol

Archived