Groove-Along

JulieKay

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Guys

thanks for all the nice comments. I think I'll give it to my Daughter in law. Her birthday is next week and something about this pattern reminded me of things she likes-- she goes for things that have a "different type " look like this ,and I know she likes pink . Brown is her favorite color, but I think pink is second favorite .

Wow this looks really fun! Is it too late to join you all in this CAL?? I just joined today, and have been lookin up patterns for granny bags and they fit right in this theme, but I gotta get more yarn. I'm not very experienced and the grannys are my favorite.

Wow this looks really fun! Is it too late to join you all in this CAL?? I just joined today, and have been lookin up patterns for granny bags and they fit right in this theme, but I gotta get more yarn. I'm not very experienced and the grannys are my favorite.

Sure come on in! Not really any such thing as too late. We've been known to resurrect long dormant CALs when the need arises :D

So welcome to the group and to the 'Ville! It's the best place on the web :manyheart

hey everyone :hi

i didnt make this but i thought it might fit the 70's theme ??

there is a story that goes with it

my boyfriend owns a drum kit, but it has been in storage for about 3 years

the other day we decided to set it up

well there is a bass drum (the big one that is always at the frontish middle ish ) lol

well his bass is stuffed with a few sheets an blankets to get the correct SOUND .. apparently its a drum thing

anywho he said it didnt sound right so he pulled out the stuffing of the drum and this is one of the things in side

i have never seen it before :think and his mother used to crochet ....but she passed away about 20 years ago .....the blanket looks BRAND NEW so we really have no idea how old it is

when the BF was ready to restuff the drum he was like "Where is that blanket i need to stuff my drum....:faint..... I DONT THINK SO !!!!!

its really nice and now i have a new blanket :) and now it will be looked after PROPERLY :yes

oh and i put it on my bonnet of my car to give you a idea on the size

hope you enjoyed a little bit of history

IMG_2530.jpg

IMG_2527.jpg

IMG_2529.jpg

Wow, Clare ! That is such a neat story ! And such a neat afghan. It looks almost like the grannies were done in long strips -- is that what it is, or can you tell ?

I wouldnt let him stuff it back in his drum either !

And thanks everyone for your nice comments -

Wow, Clare ! That is such a neat story ! And such a neat afghan. It looks almost like the grannies were done in long strips -- is that what it is, or can you tell ?

I wouldnt let him stuff it back in his drum either !

And thanks everyone for your nice comments -

yeah its a granny done in strips they are one long one

it started me looking for the pattern ..off i went into the seeking pattern section and someone gave me a pattern :woo

and i am working on my own version as i type ..well not literally :lol

Wow, Clare !

That was a lucky break for you to find the pattern for it -- guess I'll go over to the seeking pattern section and take a look myself !

its a thread posted by me .....here is the pattern i am using for it ....but i am only making it 7 shells across http://crochet.about.com/library/weekly/aa062703.htm

i have used 8 colours at 8 rows of each

i am going to try to use all different colours...i have a HUGE stash :yarn:yarn

then just bordering it in black

Thanks Clare-- I have seen this pattern before, but didnt realize it was done in long strips.. I just glanced at the photo and thought it was a square-- so it is made in rows rather than rounds ?

and when you switch colors, you just add on where you left off or you make blocks and sew them together ?

so it is made in rows rather than rounds ?

and when you switch colors, you just add on where you left off or you make blocks and sew them together ?

thats right theyare rows instead of rounds :yes

and you just add the colour onto the next row NO SEWING!!!!! only when you sew the strips together :woo

Clare- here's another one I was thinking of-- she made the colors all different sizes, but if you'd make each one the same number of rows long, then it's be almost an exact duplicate of the one you found in the drum .( I think )

http://members.aol.com/SAG55/stainglass.html

yeah it would be the same ...the blanket looks good with the black between the colours....:idea maybe next time

Good Morning Julie & Clare and the rest of the gang,

Nice ghan Clare. My sister would love that.

Just dropped DN off at work...its her truck day. Going to drop a note in the other sites and go back to bed. I have to close tonight and its also my truck day.

Made about 15 squares last night. Purchased 30 skeins of yarn yesterday. Can't wait to get hooking.

Have a nice day ladies.

Valerie howdy and well done on the squares you have made.

Clare ooh I love it and I really like the story behind it. Fancy your BF wanting to stuff it back in the drum. Im glad you have a nice blanket there.

I have loads of scraps that I want to get rid of and this would be perfect.

Thanks guys for the fuzzy welcome :manyheart !! That is a really cool afghan you found - my boyfriend showed me the one his granny made him when he was a boy...it is browns, yellows, and oranges...fits in with the groovy thing too! It was done in granny squares. He bundled it back up and i didn't have my camera with me to take a pic. :( o well, maybe next time. I am gonna get some more yarn so i can start my groovy bag - can't wait. I didn't realize how many things you can make crocheting...lots of ideas, gotta make time!!! :crocheting

Thanks guys for the fuzzy welcome :manyheart !! That is a really cool afghan you found - my boyfriend showed me the one his granny made him when he was a boy...it is browns, yellows, and oranges...fits in with the groovy thing too! It was done in granny squares. He bundled it back up and i didn't have my camera with me to take a pic. :( o well, maybe next time. I am gonna get some more yarn so i can start my groovy bag - can't wait. I didn't realize how many things you can make crocheting...lots of ideas, gotta make time!!! :crocheting

Our motto here s/b "So many patterns, so little time":hook

Clare beautiful afghan! And no it does not belong in a drum:no.

Clare- here's another one I was thinking of-- she made the colors all different sizes, but if you'd make each one the same number of rows long, then it's be almost an exact duplicate of the one you found in the drum .( I think )

http://members.aol.com/SAG55/stainglass.html

:blushoh yea. I forgot about that one... :blush that's one of my WIPs:lol... well actually an UFO:blush. I made the strips, even boardered some (and of course minus weaving in lots of ends) and was going to give it as a Christmas gift but wasn't sure it would be warm enough and changed my mind on gifts anyway... so it's sitting there.

BeasteezGurl, this pattern has a boarder idea you could use if you want.

And this pattern is very easy and done in Groovy colors could work if someone wanted to do it.

BABETTES

I'm going to go through the pattern and even write down some of the colors and make some more squares. I ended up buying 2 more yarns, so I'll have about 14 colors (maybe more if I go through more of my stash). This is probably sufficient. I don't know if I want more. But I bought a bright pink and a baby/light blue. Since I have a few bright colors (the kelly green [almost a lime green] and the torquoise are 2) I decided to add a birght pink to it.:crocheting

Debbi

Archived